Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

juliankv73

Re: ..

Post by juliankv73 »

GeorgeL wrote:+1 I'm glad it is up and running now also :) always wanted one.

MMMmm yours would look cool with a nnice carbon fibre PP engine lid on :wink:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

juliankv73 wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:+1 I'm glad it is up and running now also :) always wanted one.

MMMmm yours would look cool with a nnice carbon fibre PP engine lid on :wink:

See this is where I am completely torn on this. I don't know whether or not to go carbon fibre or not :/ decisions decisions lol!

I like carbon fibre but I had an idea for the car and it would mean going away from it... Uft who knows man. Ill settle for getting it running first before I worry about it all lol!
CarBen Fibre Creations

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

simba90 wrote:Hi Ben, can I put my name down for one of these too please.

Cheers,
Josh.

No worries mate I'll PM you the deposit details now. You wanting fibreglass or carbon?
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

CarBen Fibre Creations wrote:
simba90 wrote:Hi Ben, can I put my name down for one of these too please.

Cheers,
Josh.

No worries mate I'll PM you the deposit details now. You wanting fibreglass or carbon?

Fibreglass please mate :thumleft:
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

CarBen Fibre Creations wrote:We normally work on the basis of at least £100 extra, I cant see it being anymore the lid doesnt look too complicated :)

edit: typo that was supposed to be £100 not £150

Hi Ben,

Just my own thought here.

Ive seen the "mesh/grille" in silver on a white PP engine lid and on a black PP engine lid, and for me it looks fugly!

Is there any chance we can request "extra narrow black aluminum grille mesh? Like here??

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performan ... rille-mesh

For me, the black mesh would look way better on all colours without looking cahvy like the silver :-k

Just my 2p :thumleft:
kayjay0_7

Post by kayjay0_7 »

This is the mesh I've used on previous occasions

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Alumini ... 3372de2856

:thumleft:
CarBen Fibre Creations

Hi guys,

Update for you. The engine lid is being moulded, we are looking for a way to improve it, at the moment the engine lid requires a turbo undertray to be mounted to it but we are trying to get away with you having to do this. I'll post up photos and info once we have figured out the best way :)

Also in regards to mesh we wouldnt be meshing them, we can for an extra cost but to be honest it'd probably be easier for you to do it yourself then you can choose the mesh that suites what you want :)

Thanks
Ben
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

CarBen Fibre Creations wrote:Hi guys,

Update for you. The engine lid is being moulded, we are looking for a way to improve it, at the moment the engine lid requires a turbo undertray to be mounted to it but we are trying to get away with you having to do this. I'll post up photos and info once we have figured out the best way :)

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben,

I'd be looking to mount something like the "rogue twin engine fans" on mine, but that uses the raintray screw holes to mount it on.

If you did away with the raintray all together, then this isnt possible.

if this was no longer possible, then this would be a big problem for me, as Im wanting to use twin engine lid fans to draw as much heat out of the engine bay as possible.

I know a few other people would be looking to do this too. :-k
crenda

Post by crenda »

juliankv73 wrote:

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben,

I'd be looking to mount something like the "rogue twin engine fans" on mine, but that uses the raintray screw holes to mount it on.

If you did away with the raintray all together, then this isnt possible.

if this was no longer possible, then this would be a big problem for me, as Im wanting to use twin engine lid fans to draw as much heat out of the engine bay as possible.

I know a few other people would be looking to do this too. :-k

Oh no :( I am also looking at getting the rogue twin fan kit fairly soon, what julian said would also apply to me too am afraid.

Hope you manage to work a way around this mate :D :thumleft:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

+1 I'm afraid also
CarBen Fibre Creations

Hi guys,

The engine lid will be built into 2 pieces top and bottom then attached together, the idea was so that it'd save some weight but if you are all telling me you'd prefer to attach your own rain trays then we can just stick to taking a copy of the lid as it stands now.

We may offer an extra fibreglass undertray if needed for those who dont have the alloy turbo undertray to put on.

:)

How does that sound?

Thanks
Ben
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

The engine lid will be built into 2 pieces top and bottom then attached together, the idea was so that it'd save some weight but if you are all telling me you'd prefer to attach your own rain trays then we can just stick to taking a copy of the lid as it stands now.

We may offer an extra fibreglass undertray if needed for those who dont have the alloy turbo undertray to put on.

:)

How does that sound?

Thanks
Ben

That's great news Ben, 2 options for owners!

And we can fit our rogue fans too :)
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Again, I have fans. How much would you want extra for supplying and fitting the mesh? It would be nice for it to arrive `ready to go`, if it`s carbon and already meshed I can whack it straight on. No meshing.. No paint.. So lazy. :thumleft:
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

D4N_V_U wrote:Again, I have fans. How much would you want extra for supplying and fitting the mesh? It would be nice for it to arrive `ready to go`, if it`s carbon and already meshed I can whack it straight on. No meshing.. No paint.. So lazy. :thumleft:

TBH Im the same, the 2 PP style engine lids I have were bought ready to fit straight on

If I received the carbon fibre one, id be nervous trying to cut and then fit mesh to it, i'd be wanting to just to bolt it straight on and then job done!! :thumleft:
crenda

Post by crenda »

juliankv73 wrote:
D4N_V_U wrote:Again, I have fans. How much would you want extra for supplying and fitting the mesh? It would be nice for it to arrive `ready to go`, if it`s carbon and already meshed I can whack it straight on. No meshing.. No paint.. So lazy. :thumleft:

TBH Im the same, the 2 PP style engine lids I have were bought ready to fit straight on

If I received the carbon fibre one, id be nervous trying to cut and then fit mesh to it, i'd be wanting to just to bolt it straight on and then job done!! :thumleft:

I would also like to be part of the lazy crew and ask that some nice black mesh be ready in place for me, you know so i can bolt it all on and admire all the hard work ive done 8) :D ha ha
CarBen Fibre Creations

Hi guys,

Update for you all. The top half of the mould has been complete, normally we would have it all done by now but I have to apologize for the delay we have been very busy with a few big orders so havent had time to work on new bits. We are hoping that the bottom part of the mould will be complete soon and we will have the first engine lid in a week or 2 :)

I'll update with photos soon when I have them
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Sounds good fella :)

I ain't worried about the wait personally.... Car won't be ready any time soon anyways :)
CarBen Fibre Creations

Hi guys, the moment you have all been waiting for here is the finished product in fibreglass

ImageImage
ImageImage

Let me know what you think, I'll start PM'ing the FRP guys and collecting the rest of the money ready for your engine lids to be made :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Hi Ben.

Hell yeah. Looks good and I can`t wait to have an engine lid that covers the twin fans and keeps the bay dry.

What is the difference on price with fibre glass and a carbon version? Are you still going to do carbon ones? Also mesh fitting, what would the extra cost be to have some nice black mesh fitted neatly to the vent holes? I`m thinking carbon with mesh fitted will save painting and messing around that`s all, might end up being more hassle and dearer doing it myself and getting it prepped and painted. Unless of course it is only going to be available in fibre glass. Please let us know your thoughts. :thumleft:
CarBen Fibre Creations

Hi mate,

Carbon ones will follow soon hopefully, we need to try one to see how it comes out. I think first though we will get the fibreglass lids out to people and then tackle a carbon one.

Price difference will be about £100 more for the carbon version, meshing im not sure about i'll need to look into it and get back to you. I wouldnt imagine the lid would cost much to get painted, £50 maybe? It'll still work out cheaper than a carbon one but at the end of the day its your car so your choice what you buy......im obviously biased and would always go carbon :thumleft:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”