[Mk2] [Turbo] Ideas for stopping my bottom intercooler hose from blowing off??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

joemacmr2

[Mk2] [Turbo] Ideas for stopping my bottom intercooler hose from blowing off??

Post by joemacmr2 »

Bought after market greddy style intercooler off ebay. To be honest it's decent enough except for the silicone hoses being too big. Hence my problem. Even with t bolt clamps, the bottom hose came loose. I have tightened it as far as I can but afraid to give it full boost now incase it comes off again and I'm stuck at side of road for half hr. Any ideas of what I could do to make it stick. Heard the old hairspray trick and sanding the pipe to make it rough works.

Any ideas of what others have done would be great
jasongtr

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Ideas for stopping my bottom intercooler hose from blowing off??

Post by jasongtr »

simples get hoses that fit
craig

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Ideas for stopping my bottom intercooler hose from blowing off??

Post by craig »

jasongtr wrote:simples get hoses that fit

^What that man said.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

yeah can't reiterate this enough, without the right hoses, it's never gonna seal. spend some cash on decent v-band clamps as well.
ashley

Post by ashley »

sheppy wrote:yeah can't reiterate this enough, without the right hoses, it's never gonna seal. spend some cash on decent v-band clamps as well.

v-bands on an intercooler pipe? Usually for exhausts...

I'd be getting the right size hose (as said) and a mikalor clamp on there :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ashley wrote:
sheppy wrote:yeah can't reiterate this enough, without the right hoses, it's never gonna seal. spend some cash on decent v-band clamps as well.

v-bands on an intercooler pipe? Usually for exhausts...

I'd be getting the right size hose (as said) and a mikalor clamp on there :thumleft:

i meant mikalor, not v-band :oops: :oops: i;ve just done a 12 hour shift :(
ashley

Post by ashley »

Easy mistake :thumleft: :thumleft:
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

Some silicone sealant and double jubilee clips may hold it until you get a decent size hose and some mikalor clamps on it.
dazzz wrote:I'm no expert but
dawesy

Post by dawesy »

right size hose and mikalor clamps, if your still blowing pipes off your running WAY to much boost :lol:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Mikalor clamps way over priced.
Find some tbolt clamps, virtually the same but 1/2 the price.
Never had an issue them.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Are the pipes on the intercooler flared?
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

No amount of bodgery will negate the fact they don't fit. Get some 57mm joiners from sfs and normal jubilee clips. Do it once, do it right.
laze

Post by laze »

jimGTS wrote:Mikalor clamps way over priced.
Find some tbolt clamps, virtually the same but 1/2 the price.
Never had an issue them.

That's what Shakespeare would use if he were alive today...
laze

Post by laze »

Skywalker wrote:No amount of bodgery will negate the fact they don't fit. Get some 57mm joiners from sfs and normal jubilee clips. Do it once, do it right.

You mean 'do it right, do it once' right? ;)

Return to “Modifications”