Delphi droplinks

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KarlBristol

Delphi droplinks

Post by KarlBristol »

I know this isn't in relation to a specific trader on here (it's about a part manufacturer), but felt it important to post up somewhere and this seemed like the most relevant section.

Around 8-9 months ago I purchased new Delphi drop links all around for the car. These were fine to start with, and the car has pretty much been garaged or covered since these were purchased and only covered very very minimal mileage, and only in dry conditions.

The car recently flew through its mot and whilst in there the mot tester picked up on the fact that the front drop link rubber boots were perished #-o

I wasn't exactly happy.

As far as I'm concerned a part lasting 8 months having covered minimal mileage in dry conditions is just rubbish. Now it might be a bad batch but I'm pretty peeved that I've got to be forking out for a different set so soon.

I've contacted TFS on here about their drop links as they look a lot more durable and are adjustable. Lost all faith in Delphi parts which I had previously considered to be relatively good. Due to this I will also be replacing the rears when finances allow as I don't want Delphi on my car any more.

I know you can buy new rubber boots but I shouldn't have to after that short a time period. I'd rather place my money elsewhere - like with a trader on here.

Ranting over :mrgreen:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
T.F.S.

Re: Delphi droplinks

Post by T.F.S. »

You were the second person I spoke to today about the boot issue, the other person had them on for three months and didn't use the car in the wet, boots still split, failed MOT. (Skoda Fabia)
dazzz wrote:I'm no expert but
KarlBristol

Re: Delphi droplinks

Post by KarlBristol »

T.F.S. wrote:You were the second person I spoke to today about the boot issue, the other person had them on for three months and didn't use the car in the wet, boots still split, failed MOT. (Skoda Fabia)

Weird - it must be a Delphi issue with their boots. I was hoping that it was just a bad batch with mine.

I've emailed them complaining about the situation. I sure that will solve the square root of 0 though, and probably fall on deaf ears but at least I can say I've tried :lol:

I'm vowing not to use their products again as they certainly didn't install confidence in me...

Might have to try your drop links :-k
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156

Return to “Trader Feedback”