Turbo Technics - Avoid

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gullzter

Turbo Technics - Avoid

Post by Gullzter »

Worst customer service EVER!!

So i called up on 1st of August to get a quote for a full rebuild of my mr2 rev3 ct20b turbo and was told at the very worst it would cost £300 including vat (£360) the price included a pick up and drop off service which i thought was good.
So was shopping about at this time and on the 7th of August i decided id heard some good feedback for them so decided on using them.
When i called up to book it in i was told the price was £380 including vat (£456) because apparently they thought i said ct26 turbo so after a short arguement about this i decided to just pay as maybe i didnt mention which turbo it was although now that i think of it i did definitely mention a standard rev3 turbo at the very least!
Anyway they arranged for pick up on Mon 12th August which was done, got a call from them on weds 14th August saying that it was ready to get rebuilt and if i was happy to go ahead so i said yes, i was then told it would take 3-5working days at the most and total price would be £400 including vat (£480)!!
So i then had a 10min arguement about this saying i was told it would £380 including vat (At the very worst), to which i was told "oh yeah there was something we FORGOT to add in (wastegate busing), so after 10mins i decided it was only £25 more and if i get the job done im happy.
I then asked what the very soonest this would be done as i need the car to be rebuilt asap ie 19/20th to which i was told if i paid there and then it would be built up sooner which would be 3days so i paid (£480).
By Wed 21st i realised that the person working on my car hadnt contacted me to say he had started rebuilding so i contacted Turbo technics in the morning to see whats going on, got told they would call me straight back, 2hours later on my break i called them again and asked again to which i was told will call you straight back again, 2 hours later on my lunch i called again to which i was told it wasnt finished being built and it would be Thursday evening before being finished and sent out so should see it by Friday 23rd August and that i would get a call after it had been sent out.
I was so busy on thursday to call them but on Friday i realised i didnt have any missed calls, texts, voicemails or emails from Turbo technics.
I called on Friday morning to ask what was happening to which i was told i would get a call back straight away, again no call back and 4hours later i had enough and called them again when i was told "we are finishing it up and will be sent out by 3.30pm so should see it sat 24th August".
Well today is sat and the person working on my car will not see it til Tuesday as it is being delivered to his work address and its a bank holiday on monday.

Absolutely disgusted with them and REGRET using them as i wanted my car back 3-4days ago or this weekend at a push!

So to summarise i was told 3 different prices (each time more expensive), delivery is going to be a full week later than agreed, only phone call i ever recieved from them was to take money off me and worst of all paid before work even started for all this crap!!
gnzyza

Re: Turbo Technics - Avoid

Post by gnzyza »

That's a poor experience you had mate, do you know what was done under the 'very worst price' I would expect everything to be changed out. did they replace with steel shaft/wheel?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

The turbo is in the post somewhere so havent seen yet but yeah apparently steel shafts and wheel etc, was told everything bar the housing would be changed out for new parts, been trying to call them for the past 2 hours to try get my tracking number and by chance could rearrange delivery to different address but the calls are being blanked!

Not surprised
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

I do feel TT or any other would change things out when not needed. But then I suppose it's a good thing really getting the whole lot done.

I'm still not sure if the CT20 can be rebuild reliably using the existing wheel/shaft, people say they break when taking apart.
If that can be reused then cost would be considerably lower.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

I was actually wanting it to be fully rebuilt with new parts and they started off by telling me it would be £300 plus vat for this. I remember them mentioning before i sent it away that it could be as low as £100 or so to rebalance etc but i told them i wanted it like new so its done and dusted.

Now i need to delay fitting my lowering springs and rearrange the day i was supposed to get my geomatry set up aswell!
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Just thought id update this:

Turbo arrived on monday, havent got car back yet to test everything.

On saturday i tried calling several times with no answer, called 3 times on Tuesday each time asking for the manager and made a conplaint to put to manager and was told i would get a call back with no response, Today Thursday i have just called again and was told the manager is still in meetings (surely hes not been in the same meeting for 3days with no food or sleep). I will call again today and tomorrow if i dont get a response then i will make it formal in writing till i get a response.

This proves the lack of service this company provide and i would advise anyone thinking about turbo repairs, sales or replacement against going with them.

An absolute disgrace of a company

Return to “Trader Feedback”