[Mk2] [Turbo] Number of teeth on Rev 2 turbo timing belt, water pump, and oil pump?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toecutter

[Mk2] [Turbo] Number of teeth on Rev 2 turbo timing belt, water pump, and oil pump?

Post by toecutter »

Having trouble getting new timing belt on, have also replaced water pump.

Does anybody know the number of teeth on a Rev 2 turbo timing belt, water pump, and oil pump?
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Number of teeth on Rev 2 turbo timing belt, water pump, and oil pump?

Post by ashley »

Timing belts:

Rev1 & 2= 178 teeth

Rev3+ = 177 teeth
toecutter

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Number of teeth on Rev 2 turbo timing belt, water pump, and oil pump?

Post by toecutter »

Thanks, my belt is correct then.

But the new water pump has 23 teeth, whereas the old one has 22, so I must have been sent the wrong one.
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Its the oil pump that has one tooth less on the Rev 3, as far as I know the water pumps are all the same. It is a Toyota water pump I hope, not one made in China,
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
toecutter

Post by toecutter »

Was a cheap ebay one so serves me right! Going to phone TCB this morning to get the right one.

Return to “Mechanical”