[Mk2] [Turbo] Another Exhaust Thread......Sorry

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike

[Mk2] [Turbo] Another Exhaust Thread......Sorry

Post by Mike »

I realise the subject of exhausts has been pretty much done to death, but please bear with me as my question is a little more specific.

Ok, so, my Rev2 Tubby has a Blitz Nur Spec fitted. It's a good exhaust I know, free flowing, well built and light weight compared to the stock system. However, whilst I enjoy the decibels and tone at WOT I'm not so keen on creating quite so much noise at idle and under normal driving conditions. I'm also less than keen on the appearance of the system.

Now I realise that I sound like and old man, but I would quite like to replace it with something that is quieter at low revs, as light or lighter and twin exit but free flowing. There are several options that meet that criteria I know but I don't want to sacrifice the performance afforded by the Nur Spec purely due to aesthetics and volume control.

Is there anything off the shelf that performs at least as well as the Nur Spec that meets my needs? Or am I gonna have to go custom? I'd like to see actual verifiable evidence rather than anecdotal evidence where performance is concerned please.

Cheers
craig

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Another Exhaust Thread......Sorry

Post by craig »

I have a super quiet HKS Turbo exhaust for sale. The lads on the Lemans trip this year can confirm how quiet it is!

Great shape, not blowing, perfect flexi.

Only downside with it is, it's had a slight scrape on tail pipe.

£150 + delivery :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Nic

Post by Nic »

I've just had a 3" SS Jetex silencer welded into the mid pipe of my Blitz NUR R, it's had a really good effect, much more civilised at tick over and around town.

Pics here: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ight=blitz
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo

Return to “Modifications”