Goods not sent by member after receiving my money.

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ravelloracing

Re: Goods not sent by member after receiving my money.

Post by ravelloracing »

Of course I will update the thread as is appropriate with whether anything happens over next few days,positive,negative or nothing happening.
If wil3046 does send the exhaust then we have all received our goods,I will amend/delete negative comments accordingly.
Last edited by ravelloracing on Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ethan21

Post by Ethan21 »

FYI

sold the exhaust to 2 people?

www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172801
ravelloracing

Post by ravelloracing »

Ethan21 wrote:FYI

sold the exhaust to 2 people?

www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172801

Thanks for info,but that's not the exhaust, I paid for the stock exhaust and cat
MMaddict

Post by MMaddict »

I did gift it, something I usually only do when I know the person. Lets hope Ill still get the exhaust or else my money back.

Vince
ravelloracing

Post by ravelloracing »

Quick update to say he's been reported to the police for online fraud. Fraud department have taken all details I have,surprising how much you can find out when you delve!
Fraud department have taken all details,and have said they more than enough information to follow it up.
If there are any other members with outstanding goods not received from wil3046 please inbox me,and I'll give you the details of who you need to report it to,as they've advised me to encourage anyone who has had a similar issue to also report it.
The advice I was given was that if you don't receive goods from such an occurrance then don't put off reporting it,or thinking its insignificant,as at the end of the day the guy has committed fraud by wilfully accepting members money they have sent in good faith without fulfilling his part of the deal.

Note to forum moderators - the police have also advised that I should inform you that the member should be barred from selling any goods on the forum.

Thanks for reading guys,I know 99% of you are good honest members,but I won't let someone shaft me or just right it off as a loss,not just for my own personal loss,but also as I feel very strongly against this,and will do anything I can to hopefully prevent it happening to someone else.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

action fraud will collate all the details pass it to the police and then do nothing - i am owed £285 by a dodgy ebay buyer, i cannot be bothered to go into full details suffice to say if i want to carry on with it i have to take him to court, which will cost me more, then bailiffs again costing me more, best option i think is to pay the little xxxx a visit as of course i have his address
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Good idea Jason :thumleft:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Will Smith, aka Wil3046, still alive and kicking.

Last logged in here August 26th:

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/3871508/Toyota_mr2/
ravelloracing

Post by ravelloracing »

Thanks for info Peter
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Out of interest has this member been banned?

Im sorry to hear about your situation - its not only frustrating but an inconvenience for you. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted one way or another :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

No, if we ban him he cannot communicate with the people trying to contact him. He won't be selling again though!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
ravelloracing

Post by ravelloracing »

Totally took me by surprise when out of the blue I received a full refund via Paypal this evening.
My perseverance and not giving up on it clearly paid off,so if anybody has a similar experience,don't just write it off,otherwise it would be too easy for people to get away with your money if they thought you'd just go away if it's left long enough.
It's been long winded and a pain in the ar$e,but all sorted and I'm happy now,and credit to Will at least for paying back in the end.
(also apologies if there have been unfortunate circumstances leading to this,but a 20 second email or explanation would have kept me in the picture)
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

Gettin jiggy with it was outweighed by guilt it seems
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Only just caught up with this thread

So has everyone got the part they ordered, or money back now then?

Regards Brian
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
glen n

Post by glen n »

I think everyone that spoke up about not receiving goods has now recieved them.
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

Just a wee hint for buying via paypal.

If you pay using "bank account" rather than a card payment ...... theres not normally a fee. Used that a few times when buying stuff on here. Works a treat.

Not tried it in a few months but worked ok with no issues.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

hmltnangel wrote:Just a wee hint for buying via paypal.

If you pay using "bank account" rather than a card payment ...... theres not normally a fee. Used that a few times when buying stuff on here. Works a treat.

And DON'T send as a "gift".
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

hmltnangel wrote:Just a wee hint for buying via paypal.

This is only for personal payments (such as gift payments) and you dont get any payment protection, its never worth doing. The paypal way means the seller pays the fees so it never costs the buyer.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

Super_red wrote:This is only for personal payments (such as gift payments) and you dont get any payment protection, its never worth doing. The paypal way means the seller pays the fees so it never costs the buyer.

Which is why i will never, on principal, ever buy anything where the seller says "add 4% for fees" or similar.

It is a SELLER fee, not a BUYER fee. If you don't want the fee, don't accept PayPal. Simples.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
Super_red wrote:This is only for personal payments (such as gift payments) and you dont get any payment protection, its never worth doing. The paypal way means the seller pays the fees so it never costs the buyer.

Which is why i will never, on principal, ever buy anything where the seller says "add 4% for fees" or similar.

It is a SELLER fee, not a BUYER fee. If you don't want the fee, don't accept PayPal. Simples.

This. I hate it too. I want xxx amount for this item. Pay me via PayPal and add extra. What else are people going to pay with? A cheque? Ive never trusted bank transfers either. Bit tinfoil hat like that though.

Return to “Trader Feedback”