Goods not sent by member after receiving my money.

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Goods not sent by member after receiving my money.

Post by Peter Gidden »

Nails wrote:Ive never trusted bank transfers either.

Huh? Probably THE safest method of paymant available. And transferred within 1 hour with Faster Payments. Irreversible and totally secure.
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
Nails wrote:Ive never trusted bank transfers either.

Huh? Probably THE safest method of paymant available. And transferred within 1 hour with Faster Payments. Irreversible and totally secure.

No buyer protection though I thought, if say the seller has no intention to send the items?

I've said it before I think gift payments on for sale items should be banned on here as it is on other reputable sites. Also a pic of the item along with the sellers username and date to prove they actually have the item for sale would be great.
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

Super_red wrote:
This is only for personal payments (such as gift payments) and you dont get any payment protection, its never worth doing. The paypal way means the seller pays the fees so it never costs the buyer.

No, it used to work just fine for ebay etc - I bought a lot of stuff when I refurbed my kitchen through ebay using bank account as the paypal funding source. Still get all the same protection for sure, as I didnt recieve the goods from one seller and paypal refunded me no problem.
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

gnzyza wrote:I've said it before I think gift payments on for sale items should be banned on here as it is on other reputable sites. Also a pic of the item along with the sellers username and date to prove they actually have the item for sale would be great.

That would make breaking a car from your desk really difficult! I know it proves you have the item (or photoshop skills), but not really that practical for all. I always give PP as a gift as an option, or buyer to cover fees. If you want to save 4%, that's your call, but the price I agree is the price I expect to receive.

As for bank transfers, I like that, but only if I trust the person involved. I don't want every Tom, Dick or Harry knowing my acct details. Didn't Clarkson get caught out by that?

I see it from both sides too, I bought an AVCR on here about 3 years ago. The guy never sent it to me, and kept the cash. I had his address and used the government website to file a claim against him. It took a year, but I got all the cash back including all expenses incurred - that was paid by bank transfer. Looking back, the ad had no pictures, and the seller had no feedback, and very few posts on the site. I wasn't diligent and I got burned (nearly).

People should try and engage with seller before they buy, you can get a good feel about someone from speed of response, detail in response etc etc. Petty scammers are (generally) lazy sh1t3s.
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Shmed wrote:

That would make breaking a car from your desk really difficult!

Indeed, it's just an unnecessary and unwanted hoop to jump through.

Buy with your brain and you cannot go far wrong.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “Trader Feedback”