[All] [Generic] Group Buy - Meister R Coilovers.

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

juliankv73

Re: [All] [Generic] Group Buy - Meister R Coilovers.

Post by juliankv73 »

im gonna pass this time - I'm out mate
Last edited by juliankv73 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seanred

Post by seanred »

1. RikH77
2. Ocean123
3. mr2magic
4. dan mkii

----- £653 -----

5. juliankv73 (dad)
6. Dod
7. androo007
8. shane34
9. Rassiel

----- £615 -----

10.seanred Paid
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Hmmm I'm gonna have to rethink this. First off my questions haven't been answered yet and secondly I might tend to hsd instead.
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Just three questions:

1) Are droplinks included? On the site they are...but not adjustable??
2) Is the spanner/key included?
3) Can one also order the anti-rust spray?

Drop links are included but not adjustable.
Spanners are included.
You can order anti rust spray as well.

Edwin
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Thank you Edwin!

I'm still on the fence about this atm. Currently trying to get opinions on the hsd monopro.
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Thank you Edwin!

I'm still on the fence about this atm. Currently trying to get opinions on the hsd monopro.

I'll let you do more research regarding opinion, but I'll give you some non-biased info.

Beside the price in the group buy make us much cheaper than the Monopro, we don't used inverted damper and the Monopro is inverted.
The reason we don't use inverted damper is that it add a level of complication and maintenance that a road user don't want or need.

To adjust the MeisterR damper, you just pop open the bonnet and adjust the damping, done in seconds.
To adjust the HSD, you would need to get onto the ground, reach behind the wheel, and try to adjust the the damper counting the clicks.
Not the nicest thing to do on the road side in a cold wet day.

Also, the adjuster being on the bottom on HSD mean it is exposed to the element, and it isn't uncommon to hear the adjuster seize up or break off.
When it is upright like the MeisterR, it is protected inside the engine bay so we never really have problem with seizing or broken adjuster.

It isn't a dig at HSD quality, but this is just something user have to live with when using adjustable inverted damper.
There are more things, but these are some of the reasons why we stop doing inverted, because it is just too much hassle for the end user.

Jerrick
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Hi Jerrick,

I hear you :wink: The only thing left as a real difference is that hsd have pillowball on all corners.....why does MeisterR not have this?

I understand there may be a very good reason.
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Hi Jerrick,

I hear you :wink: The only thing left as a real difference is that hsd have pillowball on all corners.....why does MeisterR not have this?

I understand there may be a very good reason.

Normally we only have pillow ball top mount in the front as it provide a little extra steering response and on MacPherson strut allow camber adjustments.

On the more rare car such as SW20 that have MacPherson Strut in the rear, we have an elongate the rear lower bolt hole so you are able to dial in extra camber if you want.

Also, just got me thinking so I went and check, the HSD have pillow ball mount but no camber adjustments at all on front or rear mount?
At least that is what it looks like according to the product photo…

Jerrick
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Hi jerrick :-)

No the hsd monopro have them on all 4. ;-)

Come on sell me on the MeisterR :-) Why don't you have em in the back? Cost? Not needed? ??

I'm not looking for reasons not to buy the MeisterR, but for reasons to buy them! ;-)
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Hi jerrick :-)

No the hsd monopro have them on all 4. ;-)

Come on sell me on the MeisterR :-) Why don't you have em in the back? Cost? Not needed? ??

I'm not looking for reasons not to buy the MeisterR, but for reasons to buy them! ;-)

Mainly is to do with noise.
Pillowball transmit more road noise than a rubber bush.

On the front, you get a little extra steering feedback, and the camber adjustable top mount allow some camber fine tuning.
On the rear, since you don't steer… it is just added NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) for no good reason if you have a pillow ball there.

Remember, pillow ball does not mean camber adjustments.

Jerrick
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Ok I can understand both the points:
- Adjustment from above means easier access and better protection from the elements
- Rear rubber bush means less noise and vibration

Assuming we reach the 10 buyers mark (£615) then I'm in. At the moment though we are only 9!
Dod

Post by Dod »

Sorry to say that im out on this now aswell ...
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

So we're down to 8 :neutral:
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:So we're down to 8 :neutral:

1. RikH77
2. Ocean123
3. mr2magic
4. dan mkii

----- £653 -----

5. androo007
6. shane34
7. Rassiel Paid
8. seanred Paid

----- £615 -----

8 people at the moment but I'm willing to offer the £615 for this number. So you can still order now.

Edwin
seanred

Post by seanred »

I have just received mine and the discount code drops the price to £615, I ordered quick before too many people pulled out. :thumleft:
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Ok! I'm in :)

can i take advantage of this:

For those willing to wait, place your order using the code and we will put you on the back order.

Downtime for the car is now 2 years and running and I have no idea when the engine and the bespoke parts being built for it are ready....what I do know is that I won't bother fitting the coilovers until the summer :oldtongue: that means the closer I am to summer and the further from winter the better :mrgreen:

Let me know.
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Ok! I'm in :)

can i take advantage of this:

For those willing to wait, place your order using the code and we will put you on the back order.

Downtime for the car is now 2 years and running and I have no idea when the engine and the bespoke parts being built for it are ready....what I do know is that I won't bother fitting the coilovers until the summer :oldtongue: that means the closer I am to summer and the further from winter the better :mrgreen:

Let me know.

Yes you can its your choice we'll try to be as accommodating as we can. If you want us to hold onto your order and send out until later we can. If you want to place a deposit you can. Just let us know exactly what you want I'm sure we can sort something out.

Edwin
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Hi Edwin!

Thank you very much for your understanding.

I have complete faith in you as a vendor but for you it's much harder to have the same amount of faith in me.

I really wouldn't want to ask you to wait until the car is ready.....not least because I have no idea when that is...the most I can ask is that I enter the code (that and my statements here as proof of my accepting the contract of sale) and when you inform us that the next batch are ready in 10-12 weeks I'll pay the complete sum and fulfil my part of the contract.

Is that acceptable to you?
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Hi Edwin!

Thank you very much for your understanding.

I have complete faith in you as a vendor but for you it's much harder to have the same amount of faith in me.

I really wouldn't want to ask you to wait until the car is ready.....not least because I have no idea when that is...the most I can ask is that I enter the code (that and my statements here as proof of my accepting the contract of sale) and when you inform us that the next batch are ready in 10-12 weeks I'll pay the complete sum and fulfil my part of the contract.

Is that acceptable to you?

I'll hold the price for you until we receive our new shipment that is not a problem.

Edwin
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Thanks! Do I just wait or is there something I should fill out?

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”