Cancelled - Guildford Midnight Run 7: Resurrection

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Re: Cancelled - Guildford Midnight Run 7: Resurrection

Post by Tiamat »

Apologies for the late notification, but funnily enough since the loss of my job I find I have less time in front of the computer for me then when I was at work and had lunch breaks!

The plan is to meet at 11:15-11:30pm on Saturday 19 October 2013 at the address below:

Bramley Library
High Street
Bramley
Surrey
GU5 0HG

We will then leave for the run at approximately Midnight.

The route will be the same as some previous events, down the A281, down the A24, across the A272 and through to Petworth, where we have our stop for coffee/cigarettes/red bull or whatever else you have brought.

Dependent on weather conditions we will then either go past Goodwood or along the A272 and join up with the A3 to include the Hindhead Tunnel, we will then go back to Bramley for finish, though you are welcome to peel off if its more convenient.

Couple of points:

When you arrive at Bramley, please keep stereo noise and exhaust noise to a minimum. We have never had any trouble on this event and we are anxious to avoid this.

Please arrive with as close to a full tank of fuel as possible, as we do not stop for fuel on route. There is a BP garage in Bramley, but I am not sure it will still be open at this time.

Please be considerate to other drivers, both on the run and those who are not. Take care if overtaking and please consider the slower derivers amongst us, leave sufficient braking room and just take general care.

You are also respectfully asked not to overtake the lead car, the route may have to be changed and you do not want to be left behind.

Most of all drive safe and have fun, it does not matter if you are first (after the lead car) or last to the stop point etc, so long as we all get there.

Please also note that you do this at your own risk and no liability is accepted for accidents, breakdowns or any other eventuality.

IN THE EVENT OF RAIN, THIS EVENT WILL BE CANCELLED IN THE INTERESTS OF EVERYONE’S SAFETY. IF IN DOUBT, CHECK BACK BEFORE LEAVING TO GO TO THE START, ON THE DAY FOR CONIFRMATION OF IT PROCEEDING.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Cancelled.
Due to the weather and inherant risks this brings, especially at night when we are pushing a bit more because of the group.

We will try and reschedule before end of the year.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
JD

Post by JD »

Any chance of resurrecting the resurrection? As soon as my car is resurrected I'm up for this.
redmk1

Post by redmk1 »

Res.....erection
JD

Post by JD »

*chortle*
n52

Post by n52 »

Should revive this now the weathers *slowly* getting better.

Return to “Past Events”