[Mk2] [SC] 60mm lowering springs?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steelyblue

[Mk2] [SC] 60mm lowering springs?

Post by steelyblue »

ive looked online and can only seem to find 30-40mm lowering kits. I dont want to go the way of coilovers as they just arent comfortable for daily driving. Are there no 60mm spring kits available? thanks for any info or help
dan mkii

Re: [Mk2] [SC] 60mm lowering springs?

Post by dan mkii »

Having -60mm springs wont be comfortable either! As there just isnt enough shock travel.
There are comfy coilovers out there. Ive got tein superstreets which i find are perfect .
steelyblue

Post by steelyblue »

40mm wouldnt be as bad though i think thats possibly still too high to stay on the standard alloys. I honestly wouldnt have coilovers due to the condition of the roads where i live they really are bumpy as ive had a few motors with good quality coils and they were all the same. I think ill just have to end up going with 40mm's if this is the case with the 60s
Nic

Post by Nic »

The dampers are already nearly on the bump stops with a 40mm drop, 60mm would leave literally zero suspension travel which would make for an awful ride and handling. I'd personally not go any lower than 25mm.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
steelyblue

Post by steelyblue »

Thats the info i was looking for. 30mm's it is then. can you recommend a brand of spring to use? Thanks for all the replies so far
Nic

Post by Nic »

steelyblue wrote:Thats the info i was looking for. 30mm's it is then. can you recommend a brand of spring to use? Thanks for all the replies so far

Eibach pro springs with black Bilstein dampers.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
msherry21

Post by msherry21 »

Does anyone know where to get Eibach springs?

Cheers, Michael.
Http://www.planet-wax.com, Mobile Car Valet & Car Detailing based in Glasgow.
craig

Post by craig »

Apex -35mm are spot on too.
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

I'm on FK coilovers at the minute which will drop from 25 - 60mm if I wanted to. I'm around 30 or 35mm drop at the moment and I wouldn't go any lower for the simple facts of

1. You'll scrape / bottom out on literally everything
2. The ride is very bumpy or crashy as it is although that's maybe the shoals more than springs
3. The MR2 is meant to be a drivers car, if you lower it that far you're not going to be able to drive it properly in the slightest and that's before you get to issues with arches scrubbing wheels / tyres etc

Return to “Modifications”