Wheels - R32 GTR/GTS-T?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nic

Wheels - R32 GTR/GTS-T?

Post by Nic »

I'm still looking for a good quality set of forged lightweight 16" one piece wheels for my MR2.

Any members who have used a set of Nissan R32 GTR (16x8 +30) and GTS-T (16x6.5 +40) wheels? pics here

The GTR wheels are forged magnesium so very lightweight, the GTS-T wheels are cast alloy so not so good and a little heavier but the staggered widths/offsets I've read work well from a handling POV.

Alternatively what about fitting the 16x8 GTR wheels all round with staggered tyre widths? Views? Just doing research at the moment so would welcome any comments.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
synXero

Re: Wheels - R32 GTR/GTS-T?

Post by synXero »

CTC performance ran this setup. I almost bought his alloys but found something else. He had a hell of a time shifting them. Might even still have them!

They look very nice on SW20s.

Pairs can be picked up periodically on Driftworks and they don't command an awfully large price tag either for forgies.
jake

Post by jake »

I've got two sets (bought a set of each of the GTR / GTS and made two sets), one with R888s on for track and one for the road.

Lovely wheels, offsets work well, just need to sort out some custom spigot rings as the centre bore is for Nissan (obviously).

I run 205/45/16 up front and 225/45/16 on the rear but could easily go up a size.

The 8" ones are forged and very light, the 6.5" ones are cast but I think help keep the nose down a bit!

Prices vary wildly but they come up often, the GTS ones are harder to find as they're less desirable.

Jake
synXero

Post by synXero »

boyleonthebum

Post by boyleonthebum »

I've got a set of GTS-T wheels which would match these a beaut!

If someone buys the above, we could swapsie two?
Nic

Post by Nic »

I was going to ask if anyone wants to share the cost of a full set of GTR & GTS-T wheels, I've found a full set (8 wheels/4 tyres) in good condition for less than £300 ie. they'd be around £150ish each. Pm or email me if seriously interested.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
boyleonthebum

Post by boyleonthebum »

I'd be interested if someones wants to buy a GTR set.

My wheels are white and need paint and tyres that suit an MR2.

If i wasn't going Ibiza for a mad weekend this week, i'd have considered buying those off driftworks to have 2 sets lol
Nic

Post by Nic »

boyleonthebum wrote:I'd be interested if someones wants to buy a GTR set.

My wheels are white and need paint and tyres that suit an MR2.

If i wasn't going Ibiza for a mad weekend this week, i'd have considered buying those off driftworks to have 2 sets lol

What make/model/size/condition of tyres are fitted on the GTS-T wheels? I'm keen.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
boyleonthebum

Post by boyleonthebum »

I'll check when I get home and let you know :thumleft:
Nic

Post by Nic »

boyleonthebum wrote:I'll check when I get home and let you know :thumleft:

Found these GTR wheels in good condition for a good price, just sorting details with the seller.

Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Please excuse my noobiness here on this but with do the GTS-T Skyline's come with staggered offsets as standard?

I wouldn't expect the GTR's to as they're 4WD but if the others aren't then the only width differences would be between the 2 different models which I'm assuming would be different styles?

If I'm wrong then feel free to laugh it just that's the impression I'm getting on these?

If that's the case then it's something else I can add to my list of wheel whoring fitments as I like the 5 spoke splits that the R33 had and wouldn't mind them on the MR2 :)
Nic

Post by Nic »

Ryan6926, the ideal setup would be:

Front - 2 x R32 GTS-T Wheels 16x6.5 +40 - cast aluminium.
Rear - 2 x R32 GTR Wheels 16x8 +30 - forged magnesium, very light in weight and made by Rays.

Trying to buy 2 of each type of wheel is difficult, so the ideal option would be to have 2 members split the cost of 4xGTR and 4xGTS-T wheels (combined cost of around £300). So each member would get a full set of very good quality staggered 16" wheels for around £150.

I know some owners have run GTR 16x8 wheels front and rear on an MR2 with staggered tyre widths, if anyone has done this I'd be interested in your thoughts on the setup.

I have found these, a full set of GTR wheel without tyres and a full set of GTS-T with Falken 451 with very little wear.

GTR Wheels

GTS-T Wheels & Falken 451 Tyres
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Ah that's cool cheers I was thinking that the non GTR's had different style wheels

Cheers my mistake :)
Nic

Post by Nic »

boyleonthebum wrote:I'll check when I get home and let you know :thumleft:

Going to buy this set of GTR wheels, let me know if you're still interested in a 2 wheel swap, pm sent.

Alternatively if anyone else wants a GTR/GTS-T wheel setup, there is also a set of 4 GTS-T wheels with tyres for sale and we could go halves on the total delivered cost which would be around £150 each.

Pics here of how the GTR/GTS-T wheels look fitted.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... hlight=gtr
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
ads

Post by ads »

Nic, what's the status on these wheels ? Did you buy and if so what's available from you?

Thanks, Adam
Ethan21

Post by Ethan21 »

ads wrote:Nic, what's the status on these wheels ? Did you buy and if so what's available from you?

Thanks, Adam

Pretty sure he went halls with som1 there's a thread sum where wheels now on his car
ads

Post by ads »

Ethan21 wrote:
ads wrote:Nic, what's the status on these wheels ? Did you buy and if so what's available from you?

Thanks, Adam

Pretty sure he went halls with som1 there's a thread sum where wheels now on his car

ok thanks, I'll wait for that to be confirmed
Ethan21

Post by Ethan21 »

ads wrote:
Ethan21 wrote:

Thanks, Adam

ok thanks, I'll wait for that to be confirmed

www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=173305
ads

Post by ads »

Ok thanks for pointing me to that , really good looking car Nic has with these wheels
yokomomr4bx

GTR wheels all round

Post by yokomomr4bx »

Reviving this a bit...

I've just got a set of GTR wheels and I've sized up the front, even with a 205 I think it's still going to rub, not sure on rears yet as I need to take out my brake upgrade to fit them! Wondering what experiences anyone had had over the years with GTRs all round? I don't mind getting a set of GTSTs and splitting with someone as long as I know someone will want them...don't really want 8 wheels in my shed as I'm only wanting this setup for track!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”