[FINALIZED] Red Rev 3 mr2 turbo £2000

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ponchcore

Red Rev 3 mr2 turbo £2000

Post by ponchcore »

Hi there,

The time has come for me to sell my MR2 for the age old reason, i'm going to be needing more seats in the coming months :lol:

It's a 1993 Mr2 turbo. Formerly a G-limited, the previous owner sourced a low mileage turbo engine and carried out the conversion himself. He claimed the engine was from a donor car with 70k on the clock, but had no proof of this. That obviously means I have no proof of engine mileage, but just like I did back then, anyone who comes and see's the car will know its true. The chassis mileage is sitting around 150k. The car was under-sealed from factory, and as such has no rust anywhere. It also benefits from the following:

Whiteline adjustable anti roll bars front and rear

Tein superstreet coilovers and tein performance bars front and rear

Polyurithane engine mounts

Fujitsubo legalis R exhaust system

Berk down pipe

Blitz BOV

Side mounted intercooler

Blitz dual SBC spec R boost controller, set to 0.7 and 1.2 bar.

k&N cone filter

EBC discs, and yellow stuff pads front and rear

Blitz Oil temp, pressure, and boost guages mounted in the dash

White lockwood dials

Sparco bucket seats

Momo course steering wheel

17" BBS alloy wheels, 8j front and 9j rear. 20mm spacers front and 5mm rear

Rare Kei office spoiler

Carbon bonnet

taxed for 3 months, and the MOT'ed until march. it passed with no advisories.

I have owned the car for just over a year, and it has been my daily drive. One of the first things I did after buying it was to take it to pacific works and get all the belts replaced, and have it checked over. Luke himself did the work, but unfortunately didn't have any headed paper at the time, and said he would email me a receipt for the work, which he forgot to do :lol:, but i'm sure he will vouch for the work being done.

the only time I ever have had a problem was when i got the 3 lights of doom one morning in December. I quickly ordered a new alternator, and fitted it, only to find out it was the "broken middle wire fault", so the car now has a spare alternator. I also replaced the leads, igniter, dizzy cap and rotor arm. the roof seals are like new, and never leak. There are a couple of bad points to mention, the drivers bolster is a bit worn, and there are a couple of stone chips in the windscreen. But these have never affected the MOT.

The engine never uses oil between changes, and it does not smoke at all. it pulls very well through every gear, which are all smooth with no crunches. this is a fantastic car for the money, that will make you smile every time you drive it. I also have a set of headlights with carbon covers, a spare alternator, and a set of sideskirts, still in primer that I never got around to fitting. These will be included with the sale.

I'm looking for £2000 for the car all the bits above. I'm happy to let people have a test drive if they can prove they have insurance cover, or i'll happily take anyone out for a spin. I'm based in Cambridge.

Thanks for looking :thumleft:
Last edited by ponchcore on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laze

Re: [FINALIZED] Red Rev 3 mr2 turbo £2000

Post by laze »

I've seen this car in the flesh and it's very clean.

GLWTS!
ponchcore

Post by ponchcore »

Took some more photo's at work today. Forgot to mention it has a Clifford Concept 650 alarm fitted. this is Thatchams approved, and I have the proof of installation so you can get cheaper insurance.

ponchcore

Post by ponchcore »

ponchcore

Price drop

Post by ponchcore »

I have found a replacement car, and need the space, so i'm going to drop the price to £2000. Thats 2k for a fully working t-bar turbo. quite sure its worth more in parts, but i don't have the space to break it :cry:
sam1176uk

Post by sam1176uk »

I like this car, shame you are so far away :(
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

Pm'ed
ponchcore

provisionally sold

Post by ponchcore »

Provisionally sold