Paint work idea

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

glen n

Paint work idea

Post by glen n »

My car is getting painted in a few weeks,keeping it red bug needs done due to fading. My car has standard bodywork but may fit a pair of single side vents that I have. I recently saw a picture of a red mr2 with a black roof which looked quite smart,I've got black and red wheels anyway. Just can't decide if it will spoil the car and make it look a bit boy racer style. Does anyone have pictures of any mr2s with this colour scheme?
RikH77

Re: Paint work idea

Post by RikH77 »

you mean like sonic shadow :?:

my two
glen n

Post by glen n »

Yeah the same as a sonic shadow mr2,it looks great on the silver cars but not so sure about on red. I like the fact that having a ack roof takes your eye away from the tbars,window seals etc
uglee

Post by uglee »

jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

if it were me and it was a tintop keep it red, and def fit the opened up side vents
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Fit the single side vents, get them and originals resprayed that way if u change ur mind u can go back to original vents.
U already know my opinion on the roof aswell :mrgreen:
If u do get a black roof u could fit the black wing mirrors from the yard too
glen n

Post by glen n »

The car is a tbar not tin top I'm afraid. I think I'll definitely go for the single vent but not sure on the roof. I actually like my current mr2 better than my previous one which had a border bumper and skirts so may just stick all red. I suppose I could have the roof wrapped if I ever had the urge to have it black.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Or u could always try something new.. How about the windscreen surround red and all behind tbars black? Could look nice

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”