radiator fitment

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dylan5084

radiator fitment

Post by dylan5084 »

my radiator on my rev 2 tubby is looking tired...

ive got a rev 3 uk 3sge rad sitting there from my old 2 that i broke, will it fit what are the differences?
Mr2Madlad

Re: radiator fitment

Post by Mr2Madlad »

dylan5084 wrote:my radiator on my rev 2 tubby is looking tired...

ive got a rev 3 uk 3sge rad sitting there from my old 2 that i broke, will it fit what are the differences?

I beleive it will fit fine, the turbo has 2 fans for cooling where as the n/a only has 1, but the fixings are there

Its do able in the car without removing the bumper but sliding the short bits of hose down the metal pipework is a ball ach, a lot of WD40 helps lube it to slide them off / out the way

Its also worth replacing the 2 bottom rad mounts as they are usually knackard,

From memory undo the 2 top brackets (4 x 12mm bolts) and pull them off once top plastic cover is off, disconnect fan power plugs and thermostat switch, remove fan if you want (3 x 10mm bolts per fan) usually totoaly rusted up) and switch if needed the rad has to lift up out of bottom mounts then then the bottom pulls back and the rad slips out from under neath, I beleive the fans will come out on the rad as one lump making bolt removal with blow tourch easy.

Oh don't forget to remove platsic under trays from front bumper (a few 10mm corse screws and bolts) this helps the dog see the rabbit.

Hope that helps.
dylan5084

Re: radiator fitment

Post by dylan5084 »

cheers :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”