Ps4

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

Re: Ps4

Post by H3RB »

thai boxer wrote:An ELITE was mate but that was the top spec console they did and was released A YEAR later not release day. You didnt have to buy an elite if you didnt want to. The other consoles were £209.99 and £249.99 on release day. I bought my elite for £220. There were loads of deals about. Its totally irrelevant now anyway. 8)

paid £280 for my 360 on release day ended up spending £400 as needed batteries etc for the pads....
and i dont get why people say xbl is far better than psn. i always thought the same until i actually got a ps3 ( a fair while after release)
it blew me away. even on a crappy connection at the time i had 0 lag yet on my 360 with the same games, mainly cod 4 and graw i suffered with bad lag even with opened ports.
the standard xbl head site is terrible sounded like you were talking into a sponge yet the ps3 even with a cheap £10 blue tooth head set sounded like talking on a phone. and now with ps+ and free games its surpasses xbl just a shame theres no cross game chat.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

The difficulty I had yesterday trying to do something as simple as redeem a code for TLOU and then downloading Uncharted 3 nicely demonstrated to me just why XBL is worth paying for.

Note to Sony: I do not expect to download a pack of items one item at a time. I also expect a download to default to downloading in the background, not giving me an option and then sitting there doing nothing for 2mins until I get the hump and cancel it.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:
thai boxer wrote:An ELITE was mate but that was the top spec console they did and was released A YEAR later not release day. You didnt have to buy an elite if you didnt want to. The other consoles were £209.99 and £249.99 on release day. I bought my elite for £220. There were loads of deals about. Its totally irrelevant now anyway. 8)

paid £280 for my 360 on release day ended up spending £400 as needed batteries etc for the pads....
and i dont get why people say xbl is far better than psn. i always thought the same until i actually got a ps3 ( a fair while after release)
it blew me away. even on a crappy connection at the time i had 0 lag yet on my 360 with the same games, mainly cod 4 and graw i suffered with bad lag even with opened ports.
the standard xbl head site is terrible sounded like you were talking into a sponge yet the ps3 even with a cheap £10 blue tooth head set sounded like talking on a phone. and now with ps+ and free games its surpasses xbl just a shame theres no cross game chat.

The 360 was £249.99 on release day for the 120gb. You spent £120 on batteries!!???? :shock: :lol:

People say xbl is far better than psn because it is mate. Always has been, always will be. Yeah you had to pay for it (£25 a year) but the service was definitely worth paying for. Tha'ts definitely something Microsoft has always got right, their whole online set up and xbl. Updates take on average 1-2 mins on the 360 and an unbelievable amount of time on the ps3. I want to put a game in and play it immediately not sit there staring at a upload/update/install screen for hours.

The main reason I didn't buy a ps3 and won't be buying a ps4 is the pad. Absolutely hate the thing where as the 360 pad has it nailed and the One pad is supposed to be even better.

Its obviously horses for courses and everyone has their own opinion and preference.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

thai boxer wrote:
H3RB wrote:

The 360 was £249.99 on release day for the 120gb. You spent £120 on batteries!!???? :shock: :lol:

People say xbl is far better than psn because it is mate. Always has been, always will be. Yeah you had to pay for it (£25 a year) but the service was definitely worth paying for. Tha'ts definitely something Microsoft has always got right, their whole online set up and xbl. Updates take on average 1-2 mins on the 360 and an unbelievable amount of time on the ps3. I want to put a game in and play it immediately not sit there staring at a upload/update/install screen for hours.

The main reason I didn't buy a ps3 and won't be buying a ps4 is the pad. Absolutely hate the thing where as the 360 pad has it nailed and the One pad is supposed to be even better.

Its obviously horses for courses and everyone has their own opinion and preference.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your information appears to be plucked from the air :lol:
I have never had to wait hours on downloading etc on PSN.
Also the PS3 pad totally owned the 360's I would have to either buy or recharge the batteries in the 360 at least 2-3 times for every time I recharged the PS3 controller, oh and I already told you HMV had the 360 Elite 120gig console at £300 on release day.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

PS controllers do seem to hold charge longer, and buy some margin. Still feels cheap and nasty, but it depends what you're used to and prefer I guess.

I tried to download Uncharted 3 again today. 38GB, not enough space. So I delete some stuff, now got 49GB free. Apparently still not enough space ](*,)

And why, when you select the PS Store icon when in the Games list on XMB, does it not actually take you to the game section on the PS Store? It's very counter intuitive, but then you get free games so swings and roundabouts.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

oukie wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
H3RB wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your information appears to be plucked from the air :lol:

Not at all. Do some research mate, its very simple. You may of paid £300 for an elite but that was your choice and that wasn't the price of the xbox on release day was it. I didnt pay that for mine so its obvious you could get it cheaper. Others on here are talking about comparing the price of the 360 and ps3 on release day. People saying they had to pay over £400 for one is just ridiculous and doesnt prove anything. :lol:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

I paid £400 as I had to have it as a package. The console itself for me at game station wasf£289
And as for xbl being way better then that's just daft lol. Worst thing about psn is the scrappy downloading updates but other then that it's far better. Also for me the Xbox exclusives are dier gears of bore and gaylo. Metal gear 4 and uncharted were 10x better than either of those.
Ever since I can remember Thai you have been an Xbox fan boy. I'm not buying either console but will get a ps4 when/if uncharted is announced.
I'll stick to oc gaming, better servers, better community, better graphics and backwards compatibility all the way to pong....
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:.. for me the Xbox exclusives are dier gears of bore and gaylo..

Says it all. :roll:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

thai boxer wrote:
H3RB wrote:.. for me the Xbox exclusives are dier gears of bore and gaylo..

Why? because I don't like generic fps games and games where Im forced to use chest Hugh walls to hide in every scenario?
Halo came out on Xbox one and I didn't like it then. Gears of war came out long before I got my ps3 and I didn't like that either.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

to be fair gears of war is poo, It's so clunky and H3rb is right there always seems to be an abundance of chest high walls for you to hide behind. It's so linear and tbh the graphics aren't great either.

Halo, never really seen the attraction tbh but each to their own I guess.

Uncharted is in a different league from either of them.

The last of us is just WOW
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Gear Of War is actually a pretty damn good game. Whether it's to everyone's taste or not is debatable, but it's not a bad game by any means. The Halo series likewise, especially H3.

Never played Uncharted, but TLOU is pretty enjoyable. Not entirely my cup of tea (why do the bad guys respawn when you load a save?), but it's certainly very polished.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Things don't change in here! :D
Thai Boxer, I assume you won't want a PS4 _OR_ an Xbox One - because with both machines it looks like you have to install game files onto the internal hard drive before you can play them - you _definitely_ won't buy a console that does that...will you?

Unless you've back-pedalled..?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Goto10 wrote:Things don't change in here! :D
Thai Boxer, I assume you won't want a PS4 _OR_ an Xbox One - because with both machines it looks like you have to install game files onto the internal hard drive before you can play them - you _definitely_ won't buy a console that does that...will you?

:-s Well you know what assuming does don't you? What exactly are you talking about as that comment doesn't make much sense at all.
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

thai boxer wrote:

:-s Well you know what assuming does don't you? What exactly are you talking about as that comment doesn't make much sense at all.

I'm elephantine in both stature and memory...
You hated the PS3 because you had to install game files to the HDD.
Let me refresh your memory...
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=140
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Don't antagonise him, not on a school night anyway :eye:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Goto10 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

I'm elephantine in both stature and memory...
You hated the PS3 because you had to install game files to the HDD.
Let me refresh your memory...
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=140

2008!.... :lol:

Cant believe you're trying to start an argument by posting threads from over 5 years ago. :lol:

Draven

Post by Draven »

It always makes me giggle watching people argue about games consoles..

Its just a computer get over it.

I'll probably get a Ps4 in a couple of year when the pricing is more reasonable.
craig

Post by craig »

Draven wrote:It always makes me giggle watching people argue about games consoles..

I like the PS4, but then I like the xbox one. But which one is better?

:mrgreen:
Draven

Post by Draven »

RedMR² wrote:
Draven wrote:It always makes me giggle watching people argue about games consoles..

Draven

Post by Draven »

it is all about software barbie.. the contents of the two boxes is going to be pretty much the same..

:mrgreen:

Return to “Games Consoles”