Ps4

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Re: Ps4

Post by thai boxer »

Draven wrote:It always makes me giggle watching people argue about games consoles..

Its just a computer get over it.

EXACTLY mate. I've got absolutely no interest in arguing about what console to get what so ever. Its brilliant on here that people seem to think their opinions actually mean something and influence others :lol:

The whole 'ps is better than xbox' argument is extremely childish and pathectic and means absolutely nothing to anyone. We're not 8 years old so why act like it on something that is totally irrelevant. This is a game console section on an off topic section on an mr2 car club website....nothing more than that people.

If you want to buy a ps4 go buy a ps4. Same goes for XB1. End of argument. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Well that's no fun :(

What irks me isn't the fact that people have a favourite console, as that's perfectly normal and it'll be the one you've spent your money on, it's when people proclaim that the other console is rubbish without giving an opinion why. Or even worse, a misinformed opinion.

"XB1 is rubbish because it's not as powerful as the PS4!". Neither was the 360, and yet the games looked better like for like.

"PS4 is rubbish 'cos the online stuff is poor!". Fine, NOW EXPLAIN WHY YOU THINK IT'S POOR YOU CRETIN.

Not necessarily comments I've seen on here, but you get my drift. Why people have to slag either of the next gen off before they've even seen a finished game, much less actually played on one, is beyond me. PS3 had a terrible start to life, but more or less picked up by the end. We may well see the same with the XB1.

I'm very excited at the future, and for both consoles regardless of where my money may be going in November. Surely we should be excited about both consoles as they both have strong points, rather than bicker about which one is best?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Exactly mate. :thumleft:
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

thai boxer wrote:
Goto10 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

:-s Well you know what assuming does don't you? What exactly are you talking about as that comment doesn't make much sense at all.

I'm elephantine in both stature and memory...
You hated the PS3 because you had to install game files to the HDD.
Let me refresh your memory...
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=140

2008!.... :lol:

Cant believe you're trying to start an argument by posting threads from over 5 years ago. :lol:

Says it all. :roll:

You've not answered the question - has your opinion now changed? Will you be happy to install files to the HDD or is it going to put you off?
Draven

Post by Draven »

Goto10 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Goto10 wrote:

Cant believe you're trying to start an argument by posting threads from over 5 years ago. :lol:

You've not answered the question - has your opinion now changed? Will you be happy to install files to the HDD or is it going to put you off?

I'm personally not going to buy one unless it is signed and delivered by Kazuo Hirai to my doorstep and he gives me an explanation why they didn't come up with a better name [-X
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

To be fair to Thai, I'm not a massive fan of having to install games either and if I had the choice I simply wouldn't (and don't). However, given that neither XB1 nor PS4 are going to give us that choice, then I'd be mad to not buy either simply because of that.

Only other option is PC gaming, and no chance I'm going back to that.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Ekona wrote:To be fair to Thai, I'm not a massive fan of having to install games either and if I had the choice I simply wouldn't (and don't). However, given that neither XB1 nor PS4 are going to give us that choice, then I'd be mad to not buy either simply because of that.

Only other option is PC gaming, and no chance I'm going back to that.

But with PC gaming you have to install the entire game..

Bluray / DVD / CD simply do not have the performance or throughput to deal out the data quick enough to keep up with the requirements of the console.

So basically..

DEAL WITH IT...

Or go play on PSVITA
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Not sure that Vita is a competitor to XB1/PS4/PC, but never mind.

Anyone actually buy a Vita on here?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Goto10 wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
Goto10 wrote:

I dont know where you got that opinion from in the first place. Ive never said I hated installing games because I do it on my 360 all the time and have done since I bought it.

I dont know where you've got that opinion from as I've never said I don't install games. Ive been doing it ever since I bought my 360. The games I play the most I've always installed to the HD as they load quicker. It was the mandatory installs on the ps3 I didnt like not the fact that you could do it. I've always said everything will eventually go fully digital and I've always been a fan of it. Just like the way music has, I haven't bought a cd in about 13 years but download albums every week.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Well who else from here got one then ?

Loving mine already

Can't stop playing with the AR Bots in the play room :lol:
My kids and me love playing with them its fantastic how they interact with you, :shock: also going inside the controller for a disco is great fun :lol:

Pretty random, I know but just so Japanese.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Mine is due to arrive on Tuesday \:D/

Only got CoD: Ghosts, but that should be enough for now :thumleft:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

I've got Killzone Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4

The camera system is stupidly good
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Turned up today \:D/

I didn't get the camera, so no dancing around naked for me :cry:

Not a huge lot of games available on PSN either.
Might get BF:4 since they've entered the 21st century and discovered 60 frames per second :)
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

JohnnyC wrote:Turned up today \:D/

I didn't get the camera, so no dancing around naked for me :cry:

Not a huge lot of games available on PSN either.
Might get BF:4 since they've entered the 21st century and discovered 60 frames per second :)

You won't be able to play with the ar bots without a camera,

I got a day of release bundle from game, two controllers, camera, both games and a year's subscription to PlayStation+ all for less than £500 saved £80 getting them that way
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Yeah, £40 just to be able to play online is a bit of a sting after having it for free with PS3 :cry:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

I'm still thinking about jumping ship to XO :?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

You deffo should, we can be Xbone buddies then!!! :D
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Hahahaa, to be fair knowing 'real' people on XBone is one of the considerations
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Well, the PS4.

I didn't buy GTA V for PS3 as I knew PS4 was coming out...so now, I still can't play it on my new shiny console ](*,)

Sony's big flagship game, Gran Turismo 6, not available on their new flagship console ](*,)

£40 tax to be able to play online games ](*,)

What a big pile of poo :cry:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

JohnnyC wrote:Well, the PS4.

I didn't buy GTA V for PS3 as I knew PS4 was coming out...so now, I still can't play it on my new shiny console ](*,)

Sony's big flagship game, Gran Turismo 6, not available on their new flagship console ](*,)

£40 tax to be able to play online games ](*,)

What a big pile of poo :cry:

Well I couldn't disagree more, I think it's great :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”