[Mk2] [Turbo] Std speaker setup

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Race Idiot

[Mk2] [Turbo] Std speaker setup

Post by Race Idiot »

Ok i've tried to search for some info on this but I cant realy find anything. My old uk car had speakers behind the seats with grills on the vertical part of the box.

My current import tubby everything is aftermarket and I think it probably just had storage bins behind the seats instead. It does have speakers behind the seats but mounted on planks of wood which tend to fall into the storage bins as soon as you start cornering enthusiasticly :mrgreen:

Now I never realy messed with the old cars speaker setup because it worked well enough for me anyway and i'd rather have the std looking setup.

I know there are some different std speaker setups, but what ones would i need to make it like my old car? It didnt have an extra amp or anything so it wasnt the active setup, but apparently only the active systems had amps behind the seats? It did have an aftermarket headunit when I bought it though?
Tekkigizmo

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Std speaker setup

Post by Tekkigizmo »

The active amps are located behind the panel below the passengers side rear quarter light window if they are still there.
Also there are two systems I am aware of (1). Single sub system. (2). Duel sub system.
I'm sure if there are other system configurations someone will let you know.
I removed my complete active system from my rev1 a few months ago and it was a single sub system and replaced it with a new set up that sounds much better.
I still have all of the active system parts I removed from the car the head unit was Sony which was removed the day after I bought the car you are welcome to any of the bits if you want them.

Return to “ICE and Security”