[Mk2] [Generic] Help please with identifying springs

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ads

[Mk2] [Generic] Help please with identifying springs

Post by ads »

Hi these came fitted to my car c/w Ohlins shocks (shocks leaky so binned as no one wanted them on here)

Rather firm ride - can anyone please identify these springs? no markings anywhere apart from the yellow and white dots .. obviously progressive rate and @ 20-25mm drop in my estimation.

Car is a JDM import

Reason for asking is I'm getting a set of black billies together and was thinking of fitting these instead of the standard turbo springs to lower car slightly?

Still have reservations about too hard of a ride though ..
ej2_sir

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Help please with identifying springs

Post by ej2_sir »

It was a long time ago so memory is a bit hazy but my turbo came over with ohlins struts and drop about the same as you describe. Ride was awful, rock hard no matter how you adjusted damping. My springs had carroza?? or something stamped on them. Googled them once and i think they were something high like 12kg rear 9 front. Im pretty sure the ohlins/springs were offered as a package from Phoenix Power so could be the same?
ads

Post by ads »

Hi, thanks for this - could be the same suspension package, was absolutely rock hard. For smooth Japanese roads not UK surface conditions methinks.

Will probably just use standard springs when I swap suspension unless Eibachs pop up somewhere towards the end of the year when I'll be overhauling my '2
synXero

Post by synXero »

Where did you find spring rate info for them?

I wonder what Apex springs spring rates are.

Return to “Modifications”