Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyC

Re: Xbox One

Post by JohnnyC »

oukie wrote:Talk about back peddling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back peddling?

You've worded it wrong, it's...

thai boxer wrote:Microsoft were obviously listening to the community.
Spoken like a true fanboi.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

oukie wrote:
Ekona wrote:http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/microso ... ne-report/

DRM is all gone. No 24 hr check in, no limit on sharing games, nothing. Same as PS4 now.

Massive news, and while I'm disappointed as we've lost the share with 10 people option, it's clear the market wasn't ready for this yet.

Talk about back peddling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not the same as PS4 though is it ?

£80 not the same :roll: :lol:

I didn't literally mean it was exactly the same console, clearly.

Any sign of how much the PSEye will cost yet?

MS do their own thing, they're accused of raping the gamers. They change everything, they're still criticised. Lose/lose really.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:
oukie wrote:Talk about back peddling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back peddling?

You've worded it wrong, it's...

thai boxer wrote:Microsoft were obviously listening to the community.
Spoken like a true fanboi.

I typical response from someone who has a massive hard on for Sony. The quote above is exactly what Microsoft have done otherwise they wouldn't of changed anything would they. A 4 year old can see that. If you go and read the feedback on the gaming sites they're saying that exact same thing. I've never said the whole drm thing was a good idea, far from it, I was completely against it and have already said that. The price doesn't bother me at all neither did the online connection. They've changed it all as a direct response from all the feedback they got from the gaming community.
Last edited by thai boxer on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:
oukie wrote:
Ekona wrote:http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/microso ... ne-report/

DRM is all gone. No 24 hr check in, no limit on sharing games, nothing. Same as PS4 now.

Massive news, and while I'm disappointed as we've lost the share with 10 people option, it's clear the market wasn't ready for this yet.

Talk about back peddling :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not the same as PS4 though is it ?

£80 not the same :roll: :lol:

I didn't literally mean it was exactly the same console, clearly.

Any sign of how much the PSEye will cost yet?

MS do their own thing, they're accused of raping the gamers. They change everything, they're still criticised. Lose/lose really.

Mate haters are always gona hate. Thats what they do. :clown: didn't you know its really cool to hate Microsoft? :mrgreen:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

thai boxer wrote:I typical response from someone who has a massive hard on for Sony.

Go back and read most of your posts.
I stopped with the 'spectrum is better than c64', 'my dad is bigger than your dad' attitude a long time ago :wink:

I have no loyalty towards either company. So I view both without blinkers.

Sony were bang out of order to charge people to fix the YLOD.
Microsoft should never have released hardware so badly designed most suffered RROD.

The only reason Microsoft have backpeddled is the simple fact they were going to loose a huge amount of customers. Nothing whatsoever to do with 'listening to the community'.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:
thai boxer wrote:I typical response from someone who has a massive hard on for Sony.

Go back and read most of your posts.
I stopped with the 'spectrum is better than c64', 'my dad is bigger than your dad' attitude a long time ago :wink:

:lol: :clap: you are joking right!? Soon as anyone even hinted at criticising the ps3 you were the first one on here defending it and now the same with the ps4. You've always been the first to start with the extremely childish fanboi comments before others too. Its an utterly irrelevant argument and serves no purpose what so ever.

I've got a great idea.....I'll buy an X1 and you buy a ps4. Job done. :wink:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

thai boxer wrote:Soon as anyone even hinted at criticising the ps3 you were the first one on here defending it and now the same with the ps4.

Show me where I've defended the PS3/PS4 like a fanboy?
I don't wear blinkers, as I've already said you need to re-read your posts.

Any company, Sony/Microsoft/Toyota/Samsung/Apple/Durex/etc, that does something wrong - I'll be the first to criticise them.

Only a fanboy could turn around the fact that Microsoft realised they were going to lose most of their potential customers and say that they're now just 'listening to the community' :roll:

For that reason, I'm leaving you in your school playground, bye :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

JohnnyC wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Soon as anyone even hinted at criticising the ps3 you were the first one on here defending it and now the same with the ps4.

Show me where I've defended the PS3/PS4 like a fanboy?
eft:

In just every post you've made about them. Everyone can see that.

Love the school play ground comment.....you do have an ironic sense of humour after all!:lol:
Last edited by thai boxer on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

JohnnyC wrote:
The only reason Microsoft have backpeddled is the simple fact they were going to loose a huge amount of customers. Nothing whatsoever to do with 'listening to the community'.

Bingo. There's a good article on VG247 on how it was Sony that caused the backpeddling, not consumers.

Make no mistake, if MS' policies hadn't seen the reaction they did, then you can bet your ass that Sony would've implemented something very similar. It will happen eventually: After all, you don't see PC gamers complaining that you can't trade or share Steam downloads, do you?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Bingo. There's a good article on VG247 on how it was Sony that caused the backpeddling, not consumers.

Make no mistake, if MS' policies hadn't seen the reaction they did, then you can bet your ass that Sony would've implemented something very similar. It will happen eventually: After all, you don't see PC gamers complaining that you can't trade or share Steam downloads, do you?

Absolutely. Microsoft have obviously listened to the gaming community, seen the reaction, read all the feedback, watched the result of the whole drm/net connection announcement, whatever you want to call it, its the same thing and had the same result thats my point. It was obvious they had to do something about it all and as a direct response of what nearly everyone was saying they've made the changes. They didnt have to at all remember, but glad they have as like I originally said I was completely against the whole drm and thought it was a terrible idea.

Digital downloads like steam is definitely the way of the future and everything will go that way eventually. If we can have steam like prices then it would be a no brainer but unfortunately thats not gona happen for a long time.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

If they didnt have to do it then they wouldn't, nobody is forcing them to change their mind.

The point is they did have to do it (otherwise they wouldve lost too many people) so they did.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

No mate they didnt have to do anything. Thats exactly my point. They didnt have to change a single thing, and in a way I'm surprised they did but it was definitely a good decision as a lot of people didn't want any drm at all myself included.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

thai boxer wrote:No mate they didnt have to do anything. Thats exactly my point. They didnt have to change a single thing, and in a way I'm surprised they did but it was definitely a good decision as a lot of people didn't want any drm at all myself included.

Yes they did have to back peddle or they would have lost so many sales as to possibly put the brand at risk.

At the end of the day they are a business and are in business to make money now being Microsoft normally they don't care how much they rob people because people will still buy, but on this occasion they got a BIG backlash and then got weak knee's :lol: so peddle backwards they did.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

oukie wrote:
thai boxer wrote:No mate they didnt have to do anything. Thats exactly my point. They didnt have to change a single thing, and in a way I'm surprised they did but it was definitely a good decision as a lot of people didn't want any drm at all myself included.

Yes they did have to back peddle or they would have lost so many sales as to possibly put the brand at risk.

At the end of the day they are a business and are in business to make money now being Microsoft normally they don't care how much they rob people because people will still buy, but on this occasion they got a BIG backlash and then got weak knee's :lol: so peddle backwards they did.

Thats obvious mate, its clear 'what' they did, my point is they didn't 'have' to do it at all. The company is enormous and makes 100's of millions every year. The whole drm and net connection was their design model for the X1 and they knew they'd get bad press from it all but went with it anyway.

I'm not justifying it in the slightest, I think they handled it all wrong and I didn't want any drm at all as I use/trade/buy used games all the time. They could've made it work without a doubt as there is some excellent perks to being online and using the cloud and going digital. If they had explained EVERYTHING clearly and shown all the advantages of it all it would've worked, but they didn't so thats why we all kicked off and they've changed it all.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

That is all.
craig

Post by craig »

Rogue wrote:There's a surprising amount of people bitching about how they don't have an internet connection...

...on the internet...

Posting from work?

JohnnyC wrote:
Rogue wrote:Just found out that both consoles need to be permanently connected in order to play games?! WTF? What happens if there's a power cut?

Doesn't matter, your TV won't work either :eye:

:lol:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

JohnnyC wrote:Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://media.edge-online.com/wp-content ... -cover.jpg

That is all.

Brave cover. They're wrong of course, as I've got the XB1 on order, but I'd definitely like to read their write up on it.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Free copy of FIFA14 for anyone who pre-orders any version of the console now :)

Still more expensive than a PS4 + FIFA, but even so it's a welcome piece of added value that wasn't expected seeing as how I was going to buy it anyway.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:Free copy of FIFA14 for anyone who pre-orders any version of the console now :)

Still more expensive than a PS4 + FIFA, but even so it's a welcome piece of added value that wasn't expected seeing as how I was going to buy it anyway.

Knew they were going to be including a free game which is great :thumleft: .....damn shame its Fifa! ](*,) Absolutely hate football games. Still, each to their own, seeing as Fifa and COD are 2 of the biggest gaming franchises out there.

More good news is that the XB1 will have 23 games available at launch! Didn't think it would be that many at all.

The full list of XB1 launch titles is below.

· Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
· Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
· Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
· Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
· Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
· Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
· Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
· Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
· FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
· Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
· Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
· Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
· Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
· Lego Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
· Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
· Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
· NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
· NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
· Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
· Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
· Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
· Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
· Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)

Check out all the latest gaming news from Gamescom.

http://uk.gamespot.com/gamescom/

8)
laze

Post by laze »

I'm going to get one, it appears to be the all-in-one I've been waiting for.

Return to “Games Consoles”