FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Post by Magic Beans »

It will feel like a much more muscular engine, even before any power upping mods are done.

My old engine, which came in Mule v1, was bored to fit 87mm pistons and forged when I got it. Running 1.2bar of boost it felt massively better than the engine which came in Mule v2 at the same boost levels. The stock engine in the second car felt slower than my 1 Series!
glen n

Post by glen n »

I'm glad things are moving for you mate ,I know this car has been a right pain for you so far but all the hard work will pay off, I've had my ups and downs too but it's been worth it.

I just saw the pictures of you doing the rad in the dark,that's dedication!! If you can swap them in the dark then swapping mine during the day will be a doddle for you :lol:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Glen if u had a radiator now id be over, the bloody sun is shining :shock:

Yeah looking forward to that extra bit of torque Beans but really am just planning ahead for big mods next year so this will be a start!
Time to start thinking about getting an extra job ](*,)
glen n

Post by glen n »

I know the weather actually looks decent,I'm going to start the water meth kit I think!
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Ive gave the v6 4mo a wash and spray wax but its been spitting down since i said that earlier lol
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Today i woke up happy as i took delivery of my very first gauges ever owned (boost, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp) along with an Eddy triple gauge dash pod holder and an Eddy single gauge tbar pillar holder and a controller:

And the best pics, first gauges going all out with Defi:

Very happy :mrgreen:

Unfortunately these wont get installed and tested til next month but im sure i can wait :lol:
Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Also reminded me that i also have a Gizzmo ibc boost controller thats been sitting in my place for a few months which i need to get installed aswell so will make that 1 big job together with the gauges

Went for orange hose as i wanted to go for a different looking bay than most but i probably wont be doing that now as id rather it looked more classy with deep colours :-k
Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

1000th post for me :shock:

Not much to update but i will be going to meet the guru in person Peter Gidden this week who has generously stored my car for the last 6weeks or so while it waits its transplant.
While im there i thought i may aswell attempt to fit the gauges and boost controller, im also going to have a nosey around the other cars there :mrgreen:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Down visiting the car at Peter's place.
Was at Sbits earlier so was good to see some nice builds there :mrgreen:

Going to work on my car tonight and tomorrow installing the main parts for my ebc and defi set up.

Latest pics arent pretty of what will be my transplant engine, it is going to be stripped and rebuilt obviously:

Happy days though, off to remove some interior now to get cablesand hose in :lol:
Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Interior panels removed, cables in and hose in, now just need to refit panels and get ebc fitted in place of clock in the morning :mrgreen:

Me and Peter found whilst interior was out that a switch which i have, (and i had no idea if it did anything since owning the car) may have been some sort of part time delimiter in Japan. The regs are cars limited to top speed of 110mph, so with the flick of a switch it would turn the limiter on incase of testing like their version of an mot then just flick the switch again and in comes the delimiter, safe to say i wont be needing this as jdm as it is! :lol:
Also can see now the car was at one point fitted with a turbo timer and possibly boost controller :-k

One other thing im going to do is take my rear lights home to Glasgow with me to give them a really good clean after taking inspiration from how (Redmr2) Craig's lights have turned out..
I will bring them back towards end of the month when the car is ready and also should have a quad rear light conversion by then too :mrgreen:

Lots happening slowly but surely :clap:
Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
craig

Post by craig »

Great engine, great gauges. Nice developments fella :thumleft:

Glad my lights have inspired you to take yours home and polish the crap out of 'em. :mrgreen:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

RedMR² wrote:Great engine, great gauges. Nice developments fella :thumleft:

Glad my lights have inspired you to take yours home and polish the crap out of 'em. :mrgreen:

Thanks mate :mrgreen:
I think they will look amazing once done!

Anyway, ive started putting bits of the interior back together and gave it a clean before going back in:

Wipedown..
Before:

After:

Ebc location, will obviously install it all properly on final fix:

And finally my rear lights removed to take home and wash/dry then polish them before refitting with quad conversion:

Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Lights pretty much done:

Before i started:

After washing and leaving to dry then 1st stage of polishing them:

After 2nd stage of polishing and a massive difference:

Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Peter dropped my future block from Kong's old car this week, due to the sensitivity of the fire and what is left over, i dont feel its my place to post any post pics of Kongs car as it is now so just the block:

As you can see the fire destroyed alot of parts in the engine bay.
Another update should follow next week where it will be much more interesting in terms of what this engine is going from and to :twisted:
Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

Lights look a huge improvement mate, they really come up well with a T cut and polish!

Engine out eh, can't wait to see the results of Pete working his magic on it! :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

RedMR² wrote:Lights look a huge improvement mate, they really come up well with a T cut and polish!

Engine out eh, can't wait to see the results of Pete working his magic on it! :thumleft:

Thanks to you :thumleft:
Ill need to give it another once over then get the white bits from the edges away.
I have faith in Peter, hes worked on some great builds from what i can see on here including yours, i can tell he is a perfectionist like myself and working down there with him on Josh's engine put it all into reality..
Now im just desperate for the end product :eye:
Then ive got some more planned out over the next year :sick:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Liking your work on those lights :thumleft:

Glad to see this engine will live again. Such a shame what happened to Kong's car, it really is :(
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Magic Beans wrote:Liking your work on those lights :thumleft:

Glad to see this engine will live again. Such a shame what happened to Kong's car, it really is :(

Thanks mate, yeah it really is. Although i never got to see the car in person before the fire, i can tell just from having a read through his parts list shows he had a great car but it would cost a fortune to rebuild it all back to what it was :roll:
craig

Post by craig »

Met Kong a few times, he is a nice guy.

Having seen his car numerous times at Pete's old workshop, it really was a cracking car and he never scrimped on ANYTHING.

Such a shame. Really feel for the guy. :cry:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Gullzter wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:Liking your work on those lights :thumleft:

Thanks mate, yeah it really is. Although i never got to see the car in person before the fire, i can tell just from having a read through his parts list shows he had a great car but it would cost a fortune to rebuild it all back to what it was :roll:

Quality is never cheap, but we don't do this for profit do we. Good job really or I'd had gone out of business a long time ago :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”