FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Madabout

Re: FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Post by Madabout »

Nice one on the new housing for the low profile lights. Didn't take you long to sort. Good work.
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Gullzter wrote: New stainless housings to replace the old rusty ones for rogue low rise headlamps..

How much did the stainless housings cost you, there must be other owners experiencing the same problem :-k . I've owned at one time or another at least 4 sets of them with varying rust issues. Would be great to fit and forget stainless steel housing so no more rust probs :thumleft:
danthevanman

Post by danthevanman »

juliankv73 wrote:
Gullzter wrote: New stainless housings to replace the old rusty ones for rogue low rise headlamps..

How much did the stainless housings cost you, there must be other owners experiencing the same problem :-k .
Would be great to fit and forget stainless steel housing so no more rust probs :thumleft:

What Julian said^^^^^^^^^ :D
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

They cost me around £200 all in, I would have been cheaper with a group buy but I had no time to wait about for others etc.
I had this arranged about 3/4weeks ago along with other work I'm getting done from him as a priority :eye:

If anyone is interested drop me a pm and if there's enough interest I'll speak to him regarding prices and timescales etc :thumleft:
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Gullzter wrote:They cost me around £200 all in, I would have been cheaper with a group buy but I had no time to wait about for others etc.
I had this arranged about 3/4weeks ago along with other work I'm getting done from him as a priority :eye:

If anyone is interested drop me a pm and if there's enough interest I'll speak to him regarding prices and timescales etc :thumleft:

Hopefully your man has a template from the one he made you :-k

I'd be interested in buying a set in a group buy. Depends on price really. I bought my rogue lights used had the housing sandblasted then powdercoated.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

juliankv73 wrote:
Gullzter wrote:They cost me around £200 all in, I would have been cheaper with a group buy but I had no time to wait about for others etc.

Hopefully your man has a template from the one he made you :-k

I'd be interested in buying a set in a group buy. Depends on price really. I bought my rogue lights used had the housing sandblasted then powdercoated.

I was going to do that but the inevitable would have happened I guess so thought, do it right do it once :eye:
He hasn't got a template but i could leave my old light housings with him while he does it as it's all hand made. I'll get prices off him and put a post up on group buy section if that's permissible :thumleft:
danthevanman

Post by danthevanman »

I'll definitely be up for a set, not in a rush for them so can wait for a possible group buy.

you're doing a good job of cleaning up the lesser seen areas :clap:
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Gullzter wrote: He hasn't got a template but i could leave my old light housings with him while he does it as it's all hand made. I'll get prices off him and put a post up on group buy section if that's permissible :thumleft:

Cooling fella, there's loads of us who will or have rust issues on the rogue rev6 housings. Shame they were never made from aluminium in the first place. But guessing this would have made the unit cost much higher.

danthevanman wrote:I'll definitely be up for a set, not in a rush for them so can wait for a possible group buy.

you're doing a good job of cleaning up the lesser seen areas :clap:

Same for me, am in no rush, would be interested to see if any fabricators on the forum who could make these housings from stainless etc and run a group buy? :-k :-k

Isn't Calmac a fabricator?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Wheels all split ready to send for a refurb, just need to source a centre cap and a badge if that's even possible :eye:

SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Good work, splitting wheels is such a long tedious job. Worth it in the end though!
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Yeah definitely, when I done my equips last year I was really shocked to find how time consuming it was but like you say all worth the effort :mrgreen:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Decided to make April a month of trial and error with some things so here's another :eye:

Madabout

Post by Madabout »

I like the look of the wheels. I am a bit of a wheel whore for genuine JDM wheels so look forward to seeing the results with these.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Madabout wrote:I like the look of the wheels. I am a bit of a wheel whore for genuine JDM wheels so look forward to seeing the results with these.

Yeah they are nice, I've caught onto being a wheel whore too recently, if I can sell a few of the more common ones I have now I'll replace them with some goodness 8)

Anyway, brackets now fully complete, opted for a fixed soltution. A little bit of messing about getting it to fit the body soon but back to other important stuff tomorrow.

Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Done a few bits and bobs today, kept it relatively easy then with a spare 5 mins gave the boot lid a wipe down whilst still on the old car and turned out well.. looking forward to machine polishing it :lol:

Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Almost time to get headlights installed, got some new hardware to test. Fitting hopefully next week once I get the rest of hardware..

raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

be nice to see how it all works out. What lights fit into the headlight casing?
Madabout

Post by Madabout »

Yeah be interested to see these fitted.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Will just be the rev6 low rises, only thing I'm renewing really is the housing, plastic edges and most of the bolts :thumleft:

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was excited too, always wanted low rise quads :eye:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

heh heh, what sizes are the rev6 lights. What type, bulbs etc :) Just wondering if you could fit LED type headlights in the holes :)

Return to “Member Profiles”