[Mk2] [Turbo] Moronic installation by self results on faulty stock boost gauge?

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Marlowe

[Mk2] [Turbo] Moronic installation by self results on faulty stock boost gauge?

Post by Marlowe »

My stock boost gauge now jumps to the midway point when receiving power via ignition (e.g. the moment the key hits the second notch prior to ignition) and freezes there.

I followed an installation guide for running vaccum hose to a blitz turbo timer / digital gauge, which involved connecting the hose to the output on the boost pressure sensor.

Have I damaged the blast pressure sensor by connecting the house directly or is this a separate issue?

All thoughts appreciated. Thanks!
Rev 2 Turbo (Testing my patience)

Golf GTI MK5 (Competent but dull)
Marlowe

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Moronic installation by self results on faulty stock boost gauge?

Post by Marlowe »

Can't see how.running vacuum has caused this. Followed map cable harness through and I've not touched it during running house. Has the boost pressure sensor failed most likely? as soon as ignition power hits gauge jumps to over half and remains.there when engine on. Could there be a short? If do.are there any likely points where this would cauise this?

Marlowe

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Moronic installation by self results on faulty stock boost gauge?

Post by Marlowe »

All fixed. Confirming I am a moron. Boost Sensor hose had totally come loose. No sign of the clip so it must have worked loose over time.

craig

Post by craig »

Stock boost gauge is completely useless even when it's working properly. :lol:
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

Agreed but there's nothing more annoying than a useless gauge that has managed to find a way of becoming even more useless! :D

Return to “Electrical”