Brands Hatch MK2 MR2 race crash from a few years ago... any images of the cage?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bill strong

Brands Hatch MK2 MR2 race crash from a few years ago... any images of the cage?

Post by bill strong »

Guys and gals,
I race a 1991 MR2 using a 3.3 liter V6 in endurance road racing events in the USA. We race at Daytona, to Watkins Gen to Virginia International. Pretty much at all the major east coast USA road tracks.

I built my cage to our rule set, 8-points, NASCAR door bars and Petty bar to support the main hoop.

After seeing the crash at Brands Hatch a few years back we required all of our drivers to use HANS and I uprated a few things.

Does anyone have close up pictures of the cars after the crash? I would like to see the roll cage structure and how it responded to the crash for both cars.

Thank you in advance.
bill strong

Re: Brands Hatch MK2 MR2 race crash from a few years ago... any images of the cage?

Post by bill strong »

Just found some images of the Rogue "simon" MR2 crash. I already see where I need to make improvements to some fuel systems I use.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Brands Hatch MK2 MR2 race crash from a few years ago... any images of the cage?

Post by tonigmr2 »

Speak to Patrick at Rogue Motorsport chap, I am sure he can help :thumleft:
buba

Post by buba »

The cage in the black car was pretty mangled but it did save Andrei's life. Andy White at AW Tracksport was running him so he would be the guy to talk to, plus the cage suppliers took a load of shots for themselves I understand. I have the same cage in my race car and I am ashamed to say I can't remember off the top of my head who makes them :oops: sos. Zac's cage was pretty much untuched, unlike the rest of the car!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

buba wrote:The cage in the black car was pretty mangled but it did save Andrei's life. Andy White at AW Tracksport was running him so he would be the guy to talk to, plus the cage suppliers took a load of shots for themselves I understand. I have the same cage in my race car and I am ashamed to say I can't remember off the top of my head who makes them :oops: sos. Zac's cage was pretty much untuched, unlike the rest of the car!

They're made for Rogue Motorsport by Protection and Performance Ltd:

http://www.ppcages.com/

I could tell you about some of the other work these guys do, but then I'd have to kill you... Suffice to say, they know what they're doing.

:thumleft:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”