mikee66

Re: Battlefield 4......

Post by mikee66 »

Is it full of kids sniping etc though?

Also what's Your thoughts on the ps4 version compared to the Xbox version
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

mikee66 wrote:Is it full of kids sniping etc though?

Also what's Your thoughts on the ps4 version compared to the Xbox version

No not at all mate. Its nothing like COD so the kids stay away from it which is great. I've played both versions and they are pratically identical mate. Its only the youtube side by side comparisons that show any difference and its clear to see the XB1 has slightly better lighting effects. You wont ever tell the difference otherwise mate.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

I think BF is a little busy for pre teens and even early teens to play. My brother In law is 13 and he has owned but never really played online BF2 or BF3. He try's to use the vehicles more but always gets mullered! His friends all play COD and so does he. He lent me ghosts last week and it's just the same old small maps. Good graphics but low playability
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

platmatt8 wrote:I think BF is a little busy for pre teens and even early teens to play. My brother In law is 13 and he has owned but never really played online BF2 or BF3. He try's to use the vehicles more but always gets mullered! His friends all play COD and so does he. He lent me ghosts last week and it's just the same old small maps. Good graphics but low playability

Yep, yep and yep.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I caved and bought this, even though I hate modern war FPS games. To my surprise, not only is the SP quite entertaining, but the MP is superb stuff.

Feels far more open and different tactic-wise to the bore fest that is CoD (or the last CoD I played online anyway, which I think was MW1), and the destructive levels just make everything so much more dynamic. Really enjoyed it, and I detest all MP games as a rule.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:I caved and bought this, even though I hate modern war FPS games. To my surprise, not only is the SP quite entertaining, but the MP is superb stuff.

Feels far more open and different tactic-wise to the bore fest that is CoD (or the last CoD I played online anyway, which I think was MW1), and the destructive levels just make everything so much more dynamic. Really enjoyed it, and I detest all MP games as a rule.

Others on here need to follow suit mate! :thumleft: The game is outstanding. Campaign is good, multiplayer is fantastic! :thumleft: its been slightly broken for a few weeks which has been VERY frustrating but they've just released a patch for all versions and its definitely running better now.

Playing online and getting those 'only in battlefield' moments is just so much fun! :thumleft:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Have any of the old ones been hacked like the retards do to CoD?
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

DannyN wrote:Have any of the old ones been hacked like the retards do to CoD?

You mean the old battlefield games? No idea mate.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

BF3 isnt hacked to my knowledge and i`m still playing it now. I did try BF2 BC last year before BF3 came out to get my eye back in and there wasnt anything suspect there either.

Most of the BF servers and rented/setup by individuals so if there was any foul play they can just be kicked by a mod.

I remember on some of the maps in MW3 where people where freezing the opponents or lagging them. I must admit it was fun running round killing frozen people just wish i could have got the nuke.

COD WOW is hacked to death now and that was awesome in MP.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Sweet Jesus I'm terrible at this game! :( :lol:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Hahahahaaa :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote:Sweet Jesus I'm terrible at this game! :( :lol:

:mrgreen: takes a while to get used to it mate, definitely now its 60fps. Turn your sensitivity up at about 30-35% and get used to it as it'll really help online. Stick with the assault class to begin with, best weapons and quickest way to rank up/unlocks with the med pack/defib etc.

I'll have to add you to my squad sometime and I'll carry you around the battlefield while you shoot stuff!;-)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

:lol:

I quite like the support class, as while I'm crap at killing people I like firing big rockets at tanks :mrgreen:

I'll go back to assault for a bit, thanks for the tips :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Ekona wrote::lol:

I quite like the support class, as while I'm crap at killing people I like firing big rockets at tanks :mrgreen:

I'll go back to assault for a bit, thanks for the tips :thumleft:

Rockets are with the engineers mate, excellent class to use, and my personal favourite followed closely by assault. Support is ok but because you use LMGs the recoil and low stability make them hard to get quick kills when you're new to the game. Stick with the assault class and one assault rifle until you've unlocked most attachments for it to improve the stability of the gun, makes a huge difference and it'll feel like you're firing lazer beams! :thumleft:

Just remember to PTFO, spot the enemy as often as possible and work as a team! :thumleft: No running and gunning like a dribbling crackhead lone wolf! The cod players always have a very low score.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Got this yesterday.
Single player is just superb, infinitely better than CoD.

Just can't get used to BF multiplayer. Have always preferred CoD for this.
However, I will stick with BF4 because I'm not liking the larger maps in Ghosts (doesn't really work with the 'arcadeyness' of CoD multiplayer).
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

JohnnyC wrote:Just can't get used to BF multiplayer. Have always preferred CoD for this.
However, I will stick with BF4 because I'm not liking the larger maps in Ghosts (doesn't really work with the 'arcadeyness' of CoD multiplayer).

thai boxer wrote:
platmatt8 wrote:

When I start to level up a bit and get some decent guns then I might feel a bit different...

This.

Felt the same way when I started playing it mate, level up, use the realistic perks and enjoy! :twisted:

Laser sight and holographic sight will help matters! :thumleft:

After leveling up with guns & equpiment and getting used to strategic movement rather than just running through an open area the fun will come. :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

platmatt8 wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:Just can't get used to BF multiplayer. Have always preferred CoD for this.

thai boxer wrote:
platmatt8 wrote:

When I start to level up a bit and get some decent guns then I might feel a bit different...

This.

Felt the same way when I started playing it mate, level up, use the realistic perks and enjoy! :twisted:

Laser sight and holographic sight will help matters! :thumleft:

After leveling up with guns & equpiment and getting used to strategic movement rather than just running through an open area the fun will come. :thumleft:

Absolutely! Cod is just the same old crap over and over again....run gun run gun run gun! Boring. There is just so much variety in battlefield and so many things you can do. Huge maps with 64 players is just outstanding fun. :thumleft:

As I said above laser sight helps with quick hip fire but I never use it. Get a decent red dot sight and unlock the stability attachments, makes a huge difference.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

thai boxer wrote:Absolutely! Cod is just the same old crap over and over again....run gun run gun run gun! Boring.

That's what I loved about it though, fun fun fun :D
But they ruined Ghosts as it doesn't suit bigger maps.

Another thing I like about PS4 BF4 is that it's clear that the graphical detail couldn't be done on the PS3. Where as PS4 Ghosts just looks like the previous CoD on PS3.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

thai boxer wrote:

There is just so much variety in battlefield and so many things you can do. Huge maps with 64 players is just outstanding fun. :thumleft:

DEFO, there are just so many ways to play!!! just finished on BF3 tonight having a mini sniper game with an opposing enemy.. All game, in a room of 24

I feel a touch of Bromance towards u Thai!! :oops:
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

P.s The missus has bought me BF4 for Xmas \:D/

Return to “Games Consoles”