A big "Hi" from the oldschool!!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

A big "Hi" from the oldschool!!!

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Just posting a big hello to everyone on here. The fuddy-duddies on here will remember me since year 'dot' (12 years-ish) but havent been on here for a good couple of years at least. mainly because the cars has been off the road for various reasons (further mods, MOT etc).

It's good to see a lot of familiar faces still here. I'm sure like me youve had your doubting moments and wondered if you should sell it then thought theres nothing else quite like it (and that prices are silly at the moment). Then of course there the inevitable getting used to the performance and having to take out friends so they give you constructive feedback like"OMG, thats terrifying!" LOL!

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll argue, mock and maybe offer something a tad useful soon.

:D 8) :thumleft:

Bobby
raptor95GTS

Re: A big "Hi" from the oldschool!!!

Post by raptor95GTS »

heh heh, welcome back :thumleft:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Long time no see
Welcome back

Anyone ever wonder what happened to Chris aka rustyboy
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

pistol pete wrote:Long time no see
Welcome back

Anyone ever wonder what happened to Chris aka rustyboy

Ah yes, Chris Ammon who got pulled at 99.9 mph! Havent got a clue mate.
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome back bob meister ! :mrgreen:

No idea what happened to Ammon. He had a rusty beige mk1, bought a rev2 turbo, got pulled for speeding, bought a Beemer and disappeared if memory serves. :-k
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Ay up chap, long time no see! :eye:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

tonigmr2 wrote:Ay up chap, long time no see! :eye:

Hey Miss T! Whats in the Gladding portfolio these days, I never could keep up! Still got the yellow GTR? x
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Yerp though has been in bits for over a year!! :shock:
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

Welcome back on the scene :thumleft:
Rory

Post by Rory »

Blast from the past... welcome back - I also stepped out of the scene for a few years but I'm back now with a new project. Whats the state of your 2 now?
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Rory wrote:Blast from the past... welcome back - I also stepped out of the scene for a few years but I'm back now with a new project. Whats the state of your 2 now?

Heya mate!!!!!!!! Well Ive updated my garage so take a peak, thats precisely where the car's at. You know what its like though, the more you do the more you find the next weakest link. Mine is the head which needs to flow better but for now its a good solid bag of fun. Having said that its a noisy bu88er. there the Apexi (no bung) with the downpipe. Then there's the whirring Walbro and since the external wastegate/manifold was done it now pops and flames!!!! It's such an attention seeker these days.

What are you driving? Am I going mad or didnt you sell your yellow beast?

B
Rory

Post by Rory »

Yeah the yellow one has gone and this is what I'm driving for now until my latest project is on the road -

My fun car -

My other fun project -

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=167000

Rory
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Mate havent read you whole thread regarding your new silver car but please tell me you didnt break that lovely (and rare) yellow turbo!!!?????

If there only one thing I regret since comng back on here, its seeing all the car being broken, usually for profit. We'll regret it one day, just as the Cosworth boys did after the 90's recession and you couldnt find a real one for love or money.

B
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

welcome back :D
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Quigonjay wrote:welcome back :D

HELLO OLD E-FRIEND!!!!!!
Rory

Post by Rory »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Mate havent read you whole thread regarding your new silver car but please tell me you didnt break that lovely (and rare) yellow turbo!!!?????

If there only one thing I regret since comng back on here, its seeing all the car being broken, usually for profit. We'll regret it one day, just as the Cosworth boys did after the 90's recession and you couldnt find a real one for love or money.

B

True - The yellow one didn't get scrapped. I had the engine/running gear and suspension off of it for my project. The car is back on the road at the moment I believe with stock suspension and an NA engine waiting to become a turbo again one day.

It's certainly true about cars being broken. It seems the ones that have had a lot of money spent on them are broken to try and get back some of that money plowed into them and the real tatty molested examples are broken just because they are worthless in their current form. There's a lot of the crap ones out there now days.
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Just posting a big hello to everyone on here. The fuddy-duddies on here will remember me since year 'dot' (12 years-ish) but havent been on here for a good couple of years at least. mainly because the cars has been off the road for various reasons (further mods, MOT etc).

It's good to see a lot of familiar faces still here. I'm sure like me youve had your doubting moments and wondered if you should sell it then thought theres nothing else quite like it (and that prices are silly at the moment). Then of course there the inevitable getting used to the performance and having to take out friends so they give you constructive feedback like"OMG, thats terrifying!" LOL!

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll argue, mock and maybe offer something a tad useful soon.

Bobby

Hi mate, how's it going? Good to see you back, many moons have passed. Welcome back from a fuddy-duddy :lol:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

MRV6 wrote:
Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Just posting a big hello to everyone on here. The fuddy-duddies on here will remember me since year 'dot' (12 years-ish) but havent been on here for a good couple of years at least. mainly because the cars has been off the road for various reasons (further mods, MOT etc).

Bobby

Hi mate, how's it going? Good to see you back, many moons have passed. Welcome back from a fuddy-duddy :lol:

Heya mate! Good to e-bump into you! Daaaaaamn, youve been busy with your car! Gone the way of 2GR I see. I would love to experience one of those. A genuine NA 350hp.

Have you got a build thread?
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:
MRV6 wrote:

Bobby

Heya mate! Good to e-bump into you! Daaaaaamn, youve been busy with your car! Gone the way of 2GR I see. I would love to experience one of those. A genuine NA 350hp.

Have you got a build thread?

Hi mate, er sort of. I should of documented more but here's a build thread. It's a cracking engine mate.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 37&start=0

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”