Cotswolds Run - Sunday 28th April - route added

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chris_9011

Cotswolds Run - Sunday 28th April - route added

Post by Chris_9011 »

Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently in the process of organising a run out to the Cotswolds through the MR2OC, and thought I'd post it up in here to see if any good folk from IMOC would want to join us

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/50/156658.html

After having discussions with another local member we have decided to try and attempt to start a new meet... depending on how it goes it may become regular. We were thinking of a run to the Cotswolds, taking in the Fosse Way and ending up at a nice country pub in one of the picturesque villages for a few photos and a bite to eat.

I have planned a route out, not over the top for a starting point... just over 30 miles and around 50-60 minutes of driving time between places:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Un ... r&t=m&z=11

This will take us from the Northbound Warwick Services, onto the Fosse Way, through Moreton-in-Marsh and upwards towards Broadway... from there we will get to the New Inn public house in Willersey (ample car parking space) for a chat, a glass of coke and a packet of crisps (or a meal depending on what you want of course).

I reckon, if we were to meet up at the Warwick Services at around 10.30am, have a 30 minute chat and aim to leave at around 11.00am, we will get to the pub for around lunchtime (12.00pm). Here we can have whatever we want, a chat in the car park or a sit down meal (I may need to book in advance though)... there is a small pond across the road that is perfect for some reflecting photo opportunities of your car.

There is some nice stops along the way for some more photo opportunities if you so wish.

After the pub we can either go our separate ways, or have another little drive out... if the majority would like the latter I can organise another route, or we can just complete the return journey in the opposite direction.

If you're interested please add your name to the list below:

1. chris (chris_9011)
2. PeteV6R5
3. Jono_GT
4. TLF
5. Craig-rev3
6. Madmr2man

Thanks,

Chris
Last edited by Chris_9011 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_9011

Re: Cotswolds Run - Sunday 28th April - route added

Post by Chris_9011 »

route added to first post

Return to “Past Events”