[Mk2] [Turbo] ripped out the clifford today

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrgarry2turbo

[Mk2] [Turbo] ripped out the clifford today

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

So as i was unhooking the concept 300 which i guess had been installed for the best part of ten years and repairing the wires that it was spliced into, i came across a few things that i hope some people can identify.

first thing i found was like a little button that was disconnected from the ignition barrel, looks like it fits underneath with 2 screws, my only guess is this was something disconnected when the Clifford was installed.

the other thing was, on the interior panel beneath the steering wheel (the same panel the fog light switch is) on the left hand side there's a small vent and something that attaches to the back of it. No idea what this is.

and lastly, on the rev counter there is meant to be a small bulb and next to it says 'security', now, i had a led from the Clifford in this hole, but now its gone im trying to work out if there was something stock that needs to go back in and how its wired up.

are these all related to the stock alarm/immobiliser (if it had one)?

its a 1990 turbo import.
mrgarry2turbo

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ripped out the clifford today

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

Ok so managed to sort some of these issues, but I did come across another, after removing the Clifford I also found that the factory alarm ecu (08190-00940) has been removed too. I did find a wiring loom but not sure if its for the stock alarm ecu.

It seems to have a cap over the top which looks like it connects all the wire together, and it was clipped in on the inside to the right behind the stereo, both these factors makes me think its not the ecu loom, there's no other stray loom that could be for the ecu.

So if I can source a new/used ecu is there any other parts around the car that is linked?
alex687

Post by alex687 »

A bit off topic but I've bought a turbo recently with a clifford 300 concept installed but for some reason or another the siren isn't working. It doesn't chirp either. Everything works fine apart from the noises (indicators flash, car locks and immobilises etc.)

I wanna try get to the bottom of it, whether it be a knackered siren or wiring or whatever. Thing is I don't have a clue where everything is! where abouts is the siren likely to be and where should I look for wiring to check.
Lee8ballauto

Post by Lee8ballauto »

It'll be the siren it's common problem
alex687

Post by alex687 »

where abouts will the siren be located? is there a common place they are put or does it vary depending on who installed it. I wanna change it but obviously need to find it first..
Lee8ballauto

Post by Lee8ballauto »

Depends on whose fitted it tbh I mounted mine in engine bay but yours could be in frunk or boot etc
alex687

Post by alex687 »

yea thought that might be the case. can't find it anywhere though. it may have been removed all together. I would understand why cos it always goes off (without the sound obv). Previous owner probs got fed up of it going off and maybe snipped the wires or took the siren out. Always goes off if say u unlock it, open door then shut it then open again a couple minutes later. it immobilises itself if u don't start it within half a minute of unlocking it. it's a stupid thing if u ask me but at least if the siren and chirping worked i could change some of the auto locking and auto arming functions in valet mode, and have peace of mind of a functioning alarm
D6_Karl

Post by D6_Karl »

i think the little button is part of the key sense trigger for open doors and lights left on, the vent may be to do with aircon as they need a way of sensing the interior temp......

Return to “ICE and Security”