MR2 Turbo Revision 3 steel mist grey T-bar

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

helencooke01

MR2 Turbo Revision 3 steel mist grey T-bar

Post by helencooke01 »

After 6 years of ownership it’s finally time to sell my beloved MR2. She’s been a great car and still gives me a huge grin to drive but I’ve got the itch for something new so it’s time to let someone else enjoy her.

I’ve been on this forum since I bought the car (although not so much recently) so hopefully some of you on here will recognise me and perhaps the car.

I’m going to be complete honest about the car and lay out everything (no matter how small).

So – enough waffle.

1994 L reg Revision 3 in Steel Mist Grey
Current mileage is 140,000km (roughly translates to 87,000 miles). I BIMTA checked the mileage before I bought the car and still have the certificate. I have all MOTs since I bought the car so the mileage can be traced back.
I use the car as my daily driver and she starts first time every time – no smoke, doesn’t use any oil and pulls like a train, steady under boost with no hesitation.
4 good tyres with plenty of wear left (Toyo Proxes) and standard MR2 alloys
New Sony stereo (single DIN with a Toyota blanking plate fitted underneath). I still have the original stereo and this will also be supplied with the car.
Mongoose stainless steel exhaust and decat (I still have the cat which will be provided with the car)
T bar model complete with roof liners
Cambelt changed at 80,000km (50,000 miles)
Speed limiter removed so car is no longer limited to 110mph.
New ARB links fitted to the front of the car last month
Cobra Cat 1 alarm with microwave sensors fitted (so you can set the alarm when the T-bars are removed)
Clear front indicators (I still have the orange indicators which will be provided with the car)
Oil and filter changed every 3,000kms
Car has always been run on super unleaded, never standard unleaded
MOT until September and will have 6 months tax from the end of this month.

Now onto some things you need to know...

When I purchased the car it was registered as a Category C and this is listed on the V5 as ‘substantially repaired and/or accident damaged; identity checked on 07.09.2006’. Obviously this warranted a more thorough investigation before purchase and I took my dad with me when looking at the car (he’s a mechanic). We couldn’t find anything wrong with the car and in 6 years of ownership she has never let me down once.

The car has been on a number of track days, several trips to the Nurburgring and even down the drag strip. Great fun and part of the reason I bought the car – it’s a pocket rocket as standard and while my friends were fiddling around putting on race tyres and fixing oil leaks I was zooming around the track in the same car I use to drive to work.
¼ mile time a respectable 13.98 seconds.

On my first trip to the Nurburgring I suffered an unfortunate accident – a lorry had been driving along the winding roads to Adenau leaking oil and I sadly hit some. I’ve included a photo of the damage but this was all fixed and the damaged parts were replaced.

The petrol light no longer works – it stopped working about a year ago and as there is a petrol dial it’s something I’ve not got round to fixing.

The aerial has been disconnected as it started making a squeaking noise on retraction – I will try to get this fixed before I sell as I’m sure it just needs some WD40.

The passenger side T-bar has developed a frustrating and intermittent leak. Having bought and paid for new seals for the passenger side this now seems to have stopped! I will therefore include the seals along with the car in case the problem comes back (these cost me £150 to purchase from the USA).

Both doors have started to develop rust at the bottom – more on this below and photos to follow.

The rear spoiler has started to bubble so I am having this resprayed in a few weeks – if you are happy for me to leave this as is I will knock £100 off the price.

Finally, this car is almost 20 years old and is used every day. There are a few scratches on the paintwork, some chips on the bonnet and a small scrape on the wheel arch. Nothing more than you would expect though.

*EDIT* New photos uploaded.
There also a few photos on my profile.

Due to the rust that the car has started to develop on the doors I thought it would be better to have 2 options for anyone who is interested in buying her....

£2,000 and I will replace and fit both doors before purchase
£1,750 and I will leave the doors as they are. Please take a look at the photos when I put them up – you may decide for yourself whether you think they need replacing or not.

Any questions please ask

Helen
Last edited by helencooke01 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helencooke01

Re: MR2 Turbo Revision 3 steel mist grey T-bar

Post by helencooke01 »

Hi all

It's finally stopped trying to snow so I managed to get out and clean the car.

I've taken close ups of the rust on both doors and the bubbling on the rear spoiler so you can make a better judgement on the amount of work needed.

Please let me know if you would like any more photos/detail.

Thanks

Helen

helencooke01

Post by helencooke01 »

Photo of engine bay as requested...

ashley

Post by ashley »

Can't believe you're selling up :(

Nice car this one, in the best colour, and a fair price...I see it every day in the work carpark and it's certainly been well looked after in the last few years.

GLWS :thumleft:
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

I'm not sure if this would interest you but I'm looking for a rev3 and have 1200 in cash and a 306 cab I could put in to the deal?

You never know if you never ask

Andy
helencooke01

Post by helencooke01 »

chaos19810 wrote:I'm not sure if this would interest you but I'm looking for a rev3 and have 1200 in cash and a 306 cab I could put in to the deal?

You never know if you never ask

Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm not interested in a part-ex but come back to me when you've sold the 306 if I've still got this for sale :thumleft:

Thanks

Helen
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

As I said you never know if you don't ask, I'll continue to sell parts of my old mr2 and see if I can raise the money to buy it I can't sell the car as I need to get to work :-) otherwise I would hence part ex

Thanks for the reply though
helencooke01

Post by helencooke01 »

Deposit now taken, thanks all for your interest.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”