Headlights don´t close anymore ?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

XLarge

Headlights don´t close anymore ?

Post by XLarge »

Hello,

I´m new to this board and I know it´s not gentle to start with a question that maybe was asked before, but I need advice.

I´m currently work on my widebody MK1a to bring it back on the road. Stands still since 2003 with a damaged engine. Had to jump start it a few times in the past to move it, one time in the dark. Opened the pop ups therefor, but now they don´t close anymore. It´s not a mechancally problem as I can srew them down manually and they open up again by switching the lights on and get stuck fully open again.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers, Eric
mk1 dal

Re: Headlights don´t close anymore ?

Post by mk1 dal »

hi , look in the fuse box in the frunk and look for the fuse for the lights retract it should be a 7.5 amp fuse i think and see if it has blown .
jimi

Post by jimi »

Headlight retract is a 30A fuse marked RTR MTR
XLarge

Post by XLarge »

But would a blown fuse not mean that the lights won´t open too ? I´m asking because they open regulary and only don´t close.

But I will check it when I visit my garage again next week. It´s 15 kilometers from my home. Currently I´m working on the "new" engine in the garage of a friend as he have a garage with a heater.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”