SW20 Spider

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nic

SW20 Spider

Post by Nic »

Just noticed this MR2 Spider for sale on Yahoo Auctions, not a fan but thought I'd post up some pics.

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g121181333

Image Image Image
Last edited by Nic on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Rory

Re: SW20 Spider

Post by Rory »

I like it (most of it anyway). Shame about the seats and all the red crap on the interior. I like the look of them too with the top down. Again... shame that in the UK most of the time the top will be up. They look cack with the top up (IMO)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Quite high mileage though
Rory

Post by Rory »

tonigmr2 wrote:Quite high mileage though

Seems hight for jap market but for a UK car that would be considered pretty low for the year. I wander what the millage would become if it was imported to the UK :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

Don't mind the Spyder, but they look horrible with the roof up (imo of course)
synXero

Post by synXero »

If I could have one just for the days when having the roof down was acceptable, I would. That one looks a bit master bates, but generally they can look great.
Zeiretto

Post by Zeiretto »

Change the wheels, the bodykit, the rear lights and the interior.. And you'd have a mighty sexy Spyder!
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I'm sure there is a nice car lurking under there somewhere, and I can see the potential. It's just such ashame it's covered in tat!! Never understood why you would buy a car like this and then not keep it original...

In the future, when money is a little better I intend to do a self build verion of one if these, but with a twist... I'd love to build one with a removable hardtop. That way it looks stunning with the roof off/down and doesn't look gash with a roof on. I'm surprised no-one has attempted this yet tbh :-k

How many spiders were actually made, and anyone know how many are on uk roads currently?? :-k
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I love the Spyder but that looks like a whores handbag
Rob

Post by Rob »

Easily fixed:

Change wheels, lights steering wheel and red interior plastic.

Job done.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

.... and the Vileside skirts, M3/ganador mirrors, horrible rear bumper... pretty much back to stock for me before it would look right, they ruined a nice car there.
Rob

Post by Rob »

^ yeah sorry, meant them too. Would take you no time to swap the body kit stuff back to stock though!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

KarlBristol wrote:I'm sure there is a nice car lurking under there somewhere, and I can see the potential. It's just such ashame it's covered in tat!! Never understood why you would buy a car like this and then not keep it original...

In the future, when money is a little better I intend to do a self build verion of one if these, but with a twist... I'd love to build one with a removable hardtop. That way it looks stunning with the roof off/down and doesn't look gash with a roof on. I'm surprised no-one has attempted this yet tbh :-k

How many spiders were actually made, and anyone know how many are on uk roads currently?? :-k

90 something. Some people say 94, some 96, some 99. That one has been resprayed, they were only ever made in Lucerne Silver and are all N/A (or at least, all left the factory as NA, I know of one which has a 3S-GTE). Am fairly sure they were all made auto as well. There are less than 10 in the UK. One that was imported into the UK and registered here now lives in France, and I think there are 1 or 2 in Ireland.

There's a red TRD kitted one in Japan that looks quite nice (although the photo of it that usually turns up is photoshopped black).
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

one day ..... one day I will be having one!
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

They wernt all silver as there i a red one in the TRD brochure

http://trd2000gt.forumotion.com/t83-trd ... r-brochure

http://trd2000gt.forumotion.com/t192-tr ... ica-orange

If I owned this Id restore it back to how it should look (already got the wheels):

http://trd2000gt.forumotion.com/t84-bea ... ng-alumi-k
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

KarlBristol wrote:I'm sure there is a nice car lurking under there somewhere, and I can see the potential. It's just such ashame it's covered in tat!! Never understood why you would buy a car like this and then not keep it original...

Gash.....lol reminds me of the guys we met backpacking in Australia, they were from Bristol, gurt lush!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”