Sky Insurance :-(

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Sky Insurance :-(

Post by Tiamat »

I have been with Sky for a while now, atone stage they insured my Mk1, my MK2 and my Motorbike at the same time, together with my mother's Saab.

I have now had to move away from Sky as they cannot match the insurance quote I got elsewhere (£150 cheaper for exactly the same cover).

This is cover for my standard Toyota Paseo.

However what I wanted to point out to all propective purchasers is that their paperwork clearly states "Quotes obtained from price comparison sites will not be accepted".

This is true, but they also say it applies to ALL online quotes. So make sure that you get a quote in writing or on the telephone if you are comparing.

Whilst I understand about minimum premiums, I felt a little bit cheated that they would not even consider a comparison with an online quote obtained directly from an insurer.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
skyinsurance

Re: Sky Insurance :-(

Post by skyinsurance »

Hi,

Sorry to see this feedback from a long-term customer. For the record as this is now on the public forum:

The £20 difference is subject to underwriters acceptance and minimum premiums.

You received (£ figure removed) online for the standard 1.4 Toyota Paseo and our minimum premium is £300, we're not able to compete on this one.

See below for the criteria on the bottom of the renewal page regarding the price match facility.

*Sky Insurance price guarantee is subject to underwriter’s acceptance and minimum premiums. Written proof of alternate price may be requested. Quotes obtained from price comparison sites will not be accepted.

As unfortunate as it is, if we are unable to match a price, our hands are tied to this.

Thanks
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Whilst I understand the not being able to compete, my gripe is not about that.

My gripe with this particular situation is that the paperwork does not state that Sky do not match ANY online quotes, it only states it does not match the ones from comparison sites.

I was also told on the telephone by Sky that you do accept online quotes for comparison purposes. As such it makes it impossible to actually get anything that can be presented to Sky for comparison purposes without going to a broker as everyone else pretty much provides online quotes or over the telephone quotes only.

I am sad to leave Sky, I have been well looked after by Sky over the course of the years, it is only this call that has tarnished that.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

PLease only relevent posts from OP and trader concerned.

Return to “Trader Feedback”