Review for those that are interested.

http://uk.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto ... slot;Slot1

9/10.......obviously! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
craig

Re: GTA 5 general banter!

Post by craig »

sheppy wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Getting my copy tomorrow...........ready to disappear off the planet. :lol:

same here, the missus and daughter have been warned! i'm off tuesday and wednesday but i might be inclined to take thursday,friday,saturday and sunday off :D although the online doesn't go live till the 1st of october, that's the real reason i'm buying it :)

Not bothered about online tbh, not just this, but online in general. Sub cancelled for end of this year, not to be renewed.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:
sheppy wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Getting my copy tomorrow...........ready to disappear off the planet. :lol:

same here, the missus and daughter have been warned! i'm off tuesday and wednesday but i might be inclined to take thursday,friday,saturday and sunday off :D although the online doesn't go live till the 1st of october, that's the real reason i'm buying it :)

Not bothered about online tbh, not just this, but online in general. Sub cancelled for end of this year, not to be renewed.

ah,the online part of it is the best :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Hardly play my xbox tbh, let alone go online. Waste of money in my case.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:Hardly play my xbox tbh, let alone go online. Waste of money in my case.

i rarely play mine too, i only bought it for gta4 then got hooked playing online, until it wore off after about 8 months :D cannot wait to get online with the new one, got sooo many friends buying it/playing it online this time round :D
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

I've had mine scince 5pm been playing its good :thumleft: there's no online play until 2 weeks after launch apparently.

Graphics are impressive had to alter the controls to alternate setting i like the L1 aim R1 fire combo.

The take cover function is good and is needed you can shelter behind cars & objects.

Played the first couple of missions and went on a rampage.

One thing I really like are the characters are bigger. in GTA 4 they seemed quite small they're more call of duty size now which i think is an improvemt.

And I just know everyone's gonna be using the combat roll function on the multilayer :roll:

Impressed tho so far :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

anyone have any problems installing disc 1 on xbox??
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

R* have said to only install the data disc, not the play disc. I don't know which one is which, though.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

PS3 only has 1 disc :whistle:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ekona wrote:R* have said to only install the data disc, not the play disc. I don't know which one is which, though.

disc 1 is the install disc, turns out it was my xbox, it's 7 years old :) the laser just needed a wee clean :) sorted now, yeah ps3 only has 1 disc but is an 18Gb install. xbox has 2, with the install disc being 8Gb. the install disc gets installed then gets put back in the case. you'd only need to use it again if you delete the game info.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Yeah it did take a while to install good 15mins or so
Just a one off though.
craig

Post by craig »

£38 from Tesco. Roll on tonight! :twisted:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Really tempted with this, but no console...well my old PS2 doesn't really count!

What console should I go for? The only other game I'd probably be into would be Gran Turismo...I've fallen properly behind with the details between the different consoles and not sure which way to jump. Help!
ashley

Post by ashley »

HaHa...just asked my bro the same question, he'd literally just pressed order on a PS3 with GTA V from amazon for £199.99....seems like a good choice :mrgreen:

Didn't realise GT was only PS3- that pretty much swings it for me...
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Should have gone Xbox with forza and gta muh better game forza( I have both) sorry

Kels just come home with gtav for me so I know what I am doing tomorrow whilst off with a sick daisy
craig

Post by craig »

Played it for a few hours and it doesn't seem much different from the last one. :-k

I'll give it a bit more time, but came off it and wasn't like "WOW"
ashley

Post by ashley »

Forza maybe better, but too many sentimental attachments to GT from back in the day ;-)

I was always a PS fan in the past- feels like the natural progression 8)

Can't wait!!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Got it. For PS3 install is 8Gb not 16.

Can't actually play it because both my PS3 controllers appear to be dead having not been used in around a year or two.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

RedMR² wrote:Played it for a few hours and it doesn't seem much different from the last one. :-k

I'll give it a bit more time, but came off it and wasn't like "WOW"

Do you mean compared to GTA4 or San Andreas? I didn't think GTA4 was that good, it didn't have that much to explore compared to San Andreas and 5. I'm just getting onto the heists and planning them out which I think is good. Have had a look around and haven't touched the surface in terms of map size. :thumleft:
No 2 :(
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

GTA V is utterly f***ing immense. Any one who doesn't think so is a big loser who wears their granny's pants. [-(

Seriously, this is superb stuff. Already I'm in love with it, and the attention to detail is just incredible. Impotent Rage is my new hero! :lol:

Return to “Games Consoles”