[Mk2] [Turbo] How to best de-modify (or rather strip paint safely) from rev 3 lights?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Marlowe

[Mk2] [Turbo] How to best de-modify (or rather strip paint safely) from rev 3 lights?

Post by Marlowe »

As this old pic shows the previous owner had a bit of a R33 fetish, as he painted up the rev 3 lights fitted to the car. I know from talking to some people that it's entirely subjective and it might not look that bad to others but they really bug me, especially the painted over reflectors and the fact that due to being a cheap job, it's starting to flake off around the edges.

Is there any safe method of stripping the paint back from the lights without damaging the lights, or am I stick with the wannabe Skyline look?
Rev 2 Turbo (Testing my patience)

Golf GTI MK5 (Competent but dull)
Nick

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] How to best de-modify (or rather strip paint safely) from rev 3 lights?

Post by Nick »

If its already pealing it can be stuck that great . Try a hot pressure washer .
Marlowe

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] How to best de-modify (or rather strip paint safely) from rev 3 lights?

Post by Marlowe »

Will do, thanks. Failing that are there any chemicals that are safe to use?
Rev 2 Turbo (Testing my patience)

Golf GTI MK5 (Competent but dull)
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

non-acetone nail polish remover
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

You can get paint stripper for plastic ,

http://www.emodels.co.uk/plastic-kits/p ... s_id=17270

have a look in B&Q if its in a plastic bottle ,its safe to use on plastic

Return to “Modifications”