poss trd bargain ?? not sure

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alan_uk

poss trd bargain ?? not sure

Post by alan_uk »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130790559905? ... 1423.l2649

as said not 100% because dont have the fogiest what these are worth but seems to have all parts minus spoiler which is easier to source

could be a bargain for someone :thumleft:
Torero

Re: poss trd bargain ?? not sure

Post by Torero »

This has been for sale for 6 months or so, firstly attached to the car and then he has taken it off. The guy doesn't want to move o the price either as I contacted him originally.

Apparently, it ripped quite a lot when removing it and there was extensive filler used to make it look right on the car. So I would imagine there would be a lot of fettling for someone to get this fitted or a lot of money for someone to fit it.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

looks like a complete ball ache to sort lol
synXero

Post by synXero »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:ball ache

This. xxxxxx SWERVE
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

The main problem with fitting something like that TRD kit is it doesn't make sense at all financially after factoring in bodyshop fitting costs and painting when you look at what people have paid for the entire completed TRD cars themselves.

Plus finding a body shop you can trust that will quote for that work and then finish it within the quoted time frame (within reason) is a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

personally if I was going to do it I would want to pay the extra and get a fresh kit thats known to fit good to start on, not a one someone else has already messed up
planted1

Post by planted1 »

Ask him to send you some close up front and back photos of the rear wings,boot extention and sideskirts,as these would require the most filler and real care in removing.
The other items shouldnt be too bad as they are basically bolt on.
If it were me i would factor in two new rear wings,and make an offer accordingly.
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

I'd say it's accurately priced. It would take alot of time to get right but it's also alot cheaper than a new kit so I'd say that's fair.

If it's been fitted to a car before you know the fit is reasonable. Ask to see pictures of it when it was fitted, from there you should get a good idea of what you can expect.
wilki

Post by wilki »

could be real hit or miss, if it's already been made to fit a car, shouldn't be too bad but if they've "tried" to fit it and its not gone well you could possibly end spending as much as a new kit :lol:

Like jack said be good to see it fitted :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”