First trackday at Outon 14th Nov - video link added

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

add heywood

First trackday at Outon 14th Nov - video link added

Post by add heywood »

About to book my first trackday in the mr2 . Never done one before, hope the car holds up lol
Last edited by add heywood on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: First trackday at Outon 14th Nov - video link added

Post by Lauren »

Book some tuition as well. Oulton can be tricky in places.

Enjoy. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

you will love it..
done my first this year..
and its far from my last..
add heywood

Post by add heywood »

Been looking at videos on youtube to try and get the corners/lines... The people i booked with said there is 20 mins of free tuition. Should be a couple of laps worth :)
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Did Oulton yesterday, it was brilliant. Really rewarding. Druids stayed slippy most of the day and was an 'interesting' corner. I'll post vids soon so everyone can see how bad my lines were, but you'll love it. I didn't bother with the tuition, and perhaps was lucky not to stack it. I did have a spin an a back end out at 115mph when the track was greasy, and a lot of others went into the kitty litter. Weather is important, I got lucky as it was fully dry by the afternoon.

Take it steady and you'll have a good day.

One tip that I learned between this track day and the last, make sure you take a tyre pressure gauge, and knock at least 5 psi out of each tyre before you start. I ran 24 rear and 26 front to start and both went over 30 once up to temp. I you set standard pressures then they'll over 'inflate'.

I used a tank and a half of super in about 130km, running heavily tuned, but fuel economy is low. They sell fuel on site but don't know if its super. I took jerry cans. Food is quite reasonable and served most the day, take drinking water, don't overcane the car, they say its all cash, but I'm sure the restaurant takes card.

Enjoy!
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
add heywood

Post by add heywood »

Cheers mate, going to take this one easy as its my first. Really looking forward to it now

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”