[Mk2] [Turbo] shark fin aerial reception

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrgarry2turbo

[Mk2] [Turbo] shark fin aerial reception

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

Ok so fitted one of these as my other aerial is missing and the windscreen one is no giod. So its all fitted and the reception is ok but there is a constant crackling (this is in am and fm modes). But then when I touch the thread that comes through the roof and leave my finger on it, the reception is crystal clear. could it be an earthing issue, I scratched away some of the paint on the inside of the roof. Could something be touching where it shouldn't?
Nic

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] shark fin aerial reception

Post by Nic »

Did the aerial include a reception booster? If not then that would probably sort the reception issue.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
mrgarry2turbo

Post by mrgarry2turbo »

I do have one seperatly which I tried to no avail. If I use myself as earth the reception is perfect I've also tried a different mast which does the same so I know the shark fin is fine and I know they have a reputation for being naff. Is there something I'm missing?
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

Try bolting a thickish (~ 3mm) bit of steel onto the mounting lugs from the sharkfin on the inside of the roof.

Return to “ICE and Security”