[Mk2] [Turbo] new dash clocks

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

blogsy

[Mk2] [Turbo] new dash clocks

Post by blogsy »

hi all, you get a free cigar if you can answer this one! i am building a new look dash using digital clocks- I'm going to use drift iridium. the company selling me these clocks, speedy cables, will also sell me the senders that match the clock, in order for them to be calibrated correctly. so when you are doing 154mph it is indeed 154mph, that sort of thing. they told me if i can give them some info on my fuel gauge they can calibrate it before they send it out. they want to know what the ohms are when it is empty and what they are when it is full. wtf. not a cuban just one from the corner shop. thanks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1NfLbvS8I
slipping clutch

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] new dash clocks

Post by slipping clutch »

Peter Gidden of sbits fame would be my port of call on this one - Bet hes smoking a big fat cigar before tommorow :thumleft:
ryan

Post by ryan »

Fiat Tipo, Mk2 Astra GTE?
I love the throwback mods, reminds me of KITT or back to the future.
Good luck, will be interested to see the finished result :thumleft:
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

Thanks Slipping Clutch - I did notice that Peter Gidden seems to know his stuff - just hope he likes cigars or I'm stuffed!!
And Ryan, yeah retro seems to be quite cool now - but I hope the car don't end up like Kitt and I'm certainly not The Hoff!!
How's this for a plan.....I pull the plug from behind the fuel gauge on my dash and hope a multi meter is able to read ohms (and then I just need to find someone who has a multi meter, knows how to use a multi meter and can read it for me!!) I hope I might then see the ohms change as I syphon the fuel out of the tank. That's all I've got!
craig

Post by craig »

blogsy wrote:hi all, you get a free cigar if you can answer this one! i am building a new look dash using digital clocks- I'm going to use drift iridium. the company selling me these clocks, speedy cables, will also sell me the senders that match the clock, in order for them to be calibrated correctly. so when you are doing 154mph it is indeed 154mph, that sort of thing. they told me if i can give them some info on my fuel gauge they can calibrate it before they send it out. they want to know what the ohms are when it is empty and what they are when it is full. wtf. not a cuban just one from the corner shop. thanks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1NfLbvS8I

They look well cool 8)
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

slipping clutch wrote:Peter Gidden of sbits fame would be my port of call on this one - Bet hes smoking a big fat cigar before tommorow :thumleft:

Your confidence in me is inspirational. :mrgreen:

Resistance of fuel sender unit:

Empty: 110 ohms +/- 7.7 ohms.
Full: 3 ohms +/- 1 ohm.

Cigar sounds good, but i'd rather a double sausage and egg McMuffin, or at a push a packet of Garibaldi biscuits. 8)
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Hate to say I told you so :mrgreen: but best you get down to Mc donalds!!!!!!!
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

I'm not even going to ask how you can know stuff like that but thanks very much! McMufffin credit is behind the counter at Barnsley Maccy D's :wink:

Return to “Modifications”