[Mk2] [NA] Clear Indicators

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2HOT

[Mk2] [NA] Clear Indicators

Post by MR2HOT »

Ive just bought myself some of the clear indicators/sidelights for my rev 3, and also a set of clear side repeaters for the wings and just wanted to know the best way or how to replace these. Do they just prize out with a flatblade screwdriver, just thought id ask before i take a screwdriver to them and damage them if theres a certain way of doing it. Sorry if this has been covered before but had a quick look about and couldnt find any posts.

Cheers.
Nic

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Clear Indicators

Post by Nic »

The side marker is easy to remove, slide it sideways and you should be able to angle/pull it out.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Hi mate (front clears)

I haven't got it on me at the mo, but it shows you how to in the manual (iro changing bulbs).

From memory your right flat screwdriver, also worth wrapping a thin piece of material round it just incase. They come out pretty easy, apparently Mr T used various different connectors though and you never know quite what you are going to get, JDM, UK makes no difference they seemed to use whatever the factory had at the time. Mine were 3 circular connections in a row and its a UK Rev 3 which 'should' have T shape, friends was the same.

Take its easy and will be fine, they push back in in 2 secs

Rob
MR2HOT

Post by MR2HOT »

Thanks for the replies guys :thumleft: , i will give it a go when i get some time and report back once done. Should really tidy up the front of the car as the amber ones really do nothing for these cars looks.
MR2HOT

Post by MR2HOT »

Well i went to fit these today only to find i have the plug that is oval shaped where as the light units have a square shaped plug, can these still be fitted and what do i need to do so? any ideas and where to get the bits i need, im ok with spanners but car electrics im terrible!

Return to “Modifications”