New guy starting a long term project.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jkracing

New guy starting a long term project.

Post by jkracing »

Hi chaps and chapesses,

I've been on here a few weeks now and you've already been an enormously helpful group!

Thought it was about time I formally said hello and introduced myself a bit as I'd hope to get to know a few of you and get to some meeting etc as the car progresses.

So, first off, my name is Jack, I'm 23 years old and I've just bought my first mr2, a '92 G-limited. It wasn't my first choice of model, but I found it on ebay going for silly money so grabbed it on impulse really!

It's only covered 60,000 miles and has a decent service history and all seems to be well.

I took the car straight in for a full service, inspection and MOT. It's currently still with TDI South as it had a couple of niggles which needed fixing for MOT. (rear wheel bearing, drop link bushes and wipers)

My aim with this car is to make it a bit of a project car and company showcase for my dad's company, South East Customs. We make bespoke components (mostly titanium, although we do use other aerospace grade alloys at times) for race cars and motorcycles; occasionally dipping into other areas upon request. In the long run, I would like to enter the MR2 championship, again as a showcase for the company (and because I love motor sport)

So hi! I'll get some pictures up and post all of our progress with the car as things get done :) Hopefully pretty soon!

Thanks again for all your help so far.
Steve-O 2007

Re: New guy starting a long term project.

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Just saw this post and have PM'd you about the hubs!! My MR2 was a Turbo model so dont think they will fit a NA, you will have to check or see if parts can be moved over from your damaged hub to mine to make a working hub for your NA

Return to “Member Profiles”