Nurburgring Laps

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

John145

Re: Nurburgring Laps

Post by John145 »

Good point about the bushing Lauren, the bushes are VERY tired! I've liberated some bumpstops now, just have to purchase a polybush kit and get it tweaked for Cadwell (middle of October!).

Unfortunately I'm not coming to JAE but thanks for the info!
bicycleshorts

Post by bicycleshorts »

John145 wrote:
The wet lap looks very slow (12.30ish) but there was absolutely no grip! Like driving on ice and the back end was a bit of a handful! Tedious lap, had to be very gentle and careful but worth the challenge.

The chap at BTG did a great guide about Nurburgring in the wet, it's ridiculous how little grip there is on the rubbered line. Google iG5Txzcl2_A - I can't post links yet.

Glad it dried up for you in the second video, weather looked awesome!
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

samhemmings5

Post by samhemmings5 »

nice driving mate! Im great at the burg...on GT5.

One day, One day! :thumleft:
John145

Post by John145 »

Thanks!

The video of that Mk3 shows the difference semi cut slick tyres make! Lines are pretty poor but the speed he's carrying through the corner is huge!
MadMigMR2

Post by MadMigMR2 »

Hello everyone 8)

I was looking on the stats of my video and caught some views from imoc.co.uk and decided to search if you were saying bad things about me :mrgreen:

Well that was one of the laps of my 4 days at the ring.

Probably the one were i caught less traffic that cause me to break were i wasn't suppose to...

The car is still on the stock 1ZZ-FE with a custom intake sucking fresh air from the outside and TRD Header, Che down pipe (without cat) and Che dual can center exhaust exit (elise replica). Apexi Power FC (not 100% properly tuned)

I believe i have arround 150 /155 HP

My big advantages are the extra wideness thanks to the monocraft GT300 bodykit and the sticky rubber Toyo R888 (205/50R15 front / 225/45 R15 rear)

I easily could improve this time on at least 10 to 20 seconds just breaking on the limit on some more spots and keeping speed on others :)

I hope next year i'll finnaly have a 2ZZ inside and maybe with a supercharger on top :roll:
With that and a better suspension (i'm on stock suspension with tte springs (eibach)

I'll came back later for a proper presentation on the right sub-forum :thumleft:
MadMigMR2

Post by MadMigMR2 »

John145 wrote:Thanks!

The video of that Mk3 shows the difference semi cut slick tyres make! Lines are pretty poor but the speed he's carrying through the corner is huge!

When you have so much grip and very few hp the shortest line is sometimes quicker :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But yes you are right, there are many places were i can improve 8)
John145

Post by John145 »

Marlowe wrote:Interested to hear about the Marshal issue - we had issues too which is why we ended up hand held. Might save up and try to source a go pro at some point though, as your footage was impressive for the quality as much as for the good driving. :)

Interesting story about that... The link below is for a video of my first dry lap of 2012 for which I received a 1 day ban!

I completed the lap fine, dropped my mate off, got another mate in the car and pulled up to the barrier only to get pulled to one side...

Basically had a long discussion with one of the 'ring employees and I apparently overtook someone on the wrong side (right), I denied that outright and he said "why did 4 marshals see you do it then?". I thought it best not to say they were wrong and just said if I did it was accidental and I know that is not what you do. Bam, one day ban!

Anyway, you guys watch the video and let me know what's bannable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiDNv-nSGO4

Admittedly I do flash the Atom a bit but he was ruining my lap, in my opinion, on purpose...

During the conversation he did bring up the fact I had a camera in the car and said basically you're only getting a 1 day ban, I could give you a 300 euro fine! That was that...
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

That Atom driver was a right Billy. What a PITA!

Don't blame you for gettnig a tad miffed at that.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”