[Mk2] [Generic] Alternative Tweeter Location

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SteveH

[Mk2] [Generic] Alternative Tweeter Location

Post by SteveH »

Hi all,

I just picked up a set of the Vibe Space 6 and have been reading that the stock 2 location of tweeters isn't the greatest due to the greater distance to the drivers ear from each A-pillar base.

Because the Space series are supposedly 3D, I was wondering if people think if a flush mount either side of the trans tunnel up near the ashtray might be an idea?

It'd be the same height as the mids and distance to ear is a lot closer
madbasshunter

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Alternative Tweeter Location

Post by madbasshunter »

I think that would give you a confused sound stage as you would have the bass and mids on one side and tweeters in the middle, I have seen it work with 4 tweeters two in the middle as a centre channel and one on each door.
I thought of using the space 6 with the woofers in the doors and the mids and tweeters in the footwells but
I was in the Vibe Focus yesterday and that has the woofers at the bottom of the door and the tweeters in the A pillar base admittedly three of each.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... oB_Oo8EnYw
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Alternative Tweeter Location

Post by loudandproud205 »

f I was going for staging I'd go for the A pillar over the standard sail panel, merly because you can have more room to choose the height you want and with the bloody mirrors struggling for a seal most of the time.

Or you could make a pair of kick builds and house them both together, I mounted my Focal nearly as far forward as the window allowed and as low as the dash allowed as this caused the best mirror imaging for my taste, plus Focal tweeters can be known to be quite harsh.

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL

Return to “ICE and Security”