[Mk2] [NA] Headunit skipping

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2Junior

[Mk2] [NA] Headunit skipping

Post by MR2Junior »

Howdy 'Yall

Ok my problem is as follows, When im driving down the road the slightest bump or pothole makes my headunit skip (Makes the song jump a few seconds). It could be the tiniest hole in the road and it does it. Is there anything i can do to my headunit to make it "Less sensitive"? eg; Layer of sponger underneath?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Headunit skipping

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

What headunit is it? How old is it? Personally I would say yack it out and buy a new one.
MR2Junior

Post by MR2Junior »

D4N_V_U wrote:What headunit is it? How old is it? Personally I would say yack it out and buy a new one.

Its an Alpine. Its an amazing headunit, There is nothing you cant do on it Lol. I bought it about 3 months ago.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

3 months old? Take it back then mate get it swapped, Headunits are designed to take knocks and bumps and bosh over speedhumps and potholes without skipping the tracks around, none of my headunits have ever done that in any of my cars so there is deffo something wrong with yours, it`s faulty and you shouldnt be having to mess around trying to fix it. The only time I ever had this was with an old sony discman years ago. Where did you have it from?
MR2Junior

Post by MR2Junior »

Got it from Local audio shop. Ill pop back up there tomorrow and see what they say :evil:

Return to “ICE and Security”