[FINALIZED] Black MK2 T-Bar MR2 - 400hp

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

Black MK2 T-Bar MR2 - 400hp

Post by mr2nut123 »

Update: Price is now negotiable for the car. Feel free to pm me with offers. Great opportunity to have a nice summer, t-bar car that has only what I would consider run in miles on a new forge.

That time comes to us all...and unfortunately, now is the time :pale:

I have owned this immaculate car from being just 19. I'm now 26 and this car has been amazing. I have slowly modified it over the years from a completely standard, second wife to a chap called combitz who was a regular member here and is now over on the GT4 forums I believe. It truly is a great example of a car. Only driven in dry conditions, warmed up and gently boosted to allow for gentle expansion, oil changed every 3000miles etc.

It currently has a few minor blemishes on the rear of the car including some micro blisters on the spoiler and a few little reactions on the rear deck. Due to the price drop, those won't be corrected as the car is an absolute steal at this price.

The car was mapped for 400hp/365fp torque at just 1.5bar! The extremely healthy torque figure came from a smaller 0.63 turbine sided 3072 custom turbo with an anti-surge compressor side. It sounds amazing and with the standard cams, this cars spool is incredible! With HKS cams I was told that 450hp would easily be achieved at similar boost levels.

Due to stricly driving in dry conditions, it has done less than 2000miles since the conversion a few years back. I'm at work now, but will be happy to provide exact mileage from my paper records at home from when the engine was forged.

Now for the spec:

1993 K Reg - Rev2 body
Revision 3 engine with stronger rev2 block
T-Bar
CP pistons
Headbolts
SARD 850cc Injectors
ARP Head Bolts
Steel Headgasket
Walbro Fuel Pump
Tial Wastegate
Twin Core Intercooler (Boot Mount) with 3" Pipework
GT3072 Custom Turbo
Fuel Pressure Regulator
17" Alloy Wheels with Pirelli P-Zero Tyres
Blitz Dual Solenoid Boost Controller
Boost Gauges
Apexi FC Commander & ECU
Aftermarket Air Filter
Aftermarket Clutch
Custom Single Exit Exhaust
TRD Radiator Cap
Uprated Thermostat
Carbon side intakes
Original 'man in dandism' mats in good condition
Tbar blinds with bags
Spare wheel and Toyota toolkit
MP3 CD Player
Leather and alacantra seats
Gauge piller with boost and oil temp gauges (never got around to linking the oil gauge however)

This really is a minter, and the only major things that have gone in my entire history of ownership, are the original radiator and a clutch but that needed upgrading anyway. There are no signs of rust at all on the body, just an odd few blemishes that you can see more on any black car, new or old.

The build was a good 5k and with the cars long history with myself and how tidy it is, I'm looking for the just the cost of the build. I don't see why a plastic plate that the old bill use to hand us speeding tickets should affect the price of a classic car when compared to some later models that are in worse condition :wink: You get what you pay for, whoever drives away with this will be one happy man.
Last edited by mr2nut123 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fizz

Re: [FINALIZED] Black MK2 T-Bar MR2 - 400hp

Post by fizz »

damn.. you selling up ehh.

Aint been on here for a bit but just seen this.

I can vouch for Luke as an honest guy even if he does look a bit funny. :whistle: :mrgreen:

Good luck with the sale, i should really pop over for another spin as its been a couple of years now aint it. :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

fizz wrote:damn.. you selling up ehh.

Aint been on here for a bit but just seen this.

I can vouch for Luke as an honest guy even if he does look a bit funny. :whistle: :mrgreen:

Good luck with the sale, i should really pop over for another spin as its been a couple of years now aint it. :thumleft:

Cheers Fizz.

Unfortunately, I've got to save up a large deposit for a house move.

Yea, give me a call if you're around my area and we'll go over Harrogate way, there's some great country roads and an amazing pub in Norwood called Sun Inn. :thumleft:
Last edited by mr2nut123 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Bump! Not even an offer..?
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Now on PistonHeads.

Will do a great deal for IMOC members, just make an offer. :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Reduced to £4200, an absolute steal for someone looking for a freshly built forged car with a rust free, all original body. Low mileage Revision 3 transplant with an extremely impressive turbo setup. Produces more torque than a lot of the 500hp cars and doesn't suffer from lag :thumleft:

I have owned the car for 8 years so know the car inside out. It was a completely standard, immaculate car from Japan that was garaged and treat like a second wife.

Feel free to drop me a pm to discuss further.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Don't you love tyrekickers :roll:

Anyone want to make an offer?
Spanners

Post by Spanners »

Might help to get a few more pics of the car up Luke - particularly the engine bay, interior and the boot install.

Just a thought mate.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Spanners wrote:Might help to get a few more pics of the car up Luke - particularly the engine bay, interior and the boot install.

Just a thought mate.

Good point, uploading some now. I could have sworn that I had already added more :-k
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Sold, pending collection. :cry:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was MR2 Turbo Boy

Return to “MR2s for Sale”