[Mk2] [Turbo] ignition cut rev limiters (rev3)

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

smartdj

[Mk2] [Turbo] ignition cut rev limiters (rev3)

Post by smartdj »

whats peoples thoughts on ignition cut rev limiter?

im looking at buying a bee-r one. reason being is they look dead simple to setup and tweek. i just want to set the rev limit a little lower than standard.
also they have a funtion for launch control. taking the signal off the handbrake which is perfect for me.

iv been told they can kill the ceramic turbos which isnt realy a problem for me because im planning on fitting a gt series turbo very shortly (having both fitted together along with some other bits)

one of my frjends whos in the drift game said the sr20 guys have problems with them becuase of there hydraulic lifter? apparently the skylines dont have this issue because them have solid lifter? any help?

iv done alot of reasearch on these and im finding many mixed opinions
greeny

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ignition cut rev limiters (rev3)

Post by greeny »

Are you planning to keep the stock ecu?

If not, your new ecu will be able to alter the rev limit and possibly launch control.
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I ran a armtech speed shift for a while . . Its a two step rev limiter + launch control + flatshifting.

A great unit that works well. Quite a clever unit too, when you flat shift it holds the rpm's at what ever speed the engine was turning until your in gear and clutch up.

Its alot of fun with lots of pops and bags like this . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2AR5zL_voI

Setup instructions. .
http://www.armtech.co.uk/10SS02.pdf

Couple of pics . .

The unit on stereo so I could see the shift lights.

Push button on steering wheel for launch control.

Diy clutch pedal switch with adjustable free play (my design)

I havnt been using it since I fitted my ct20b, it kinda got blamed for my blitz ct26 blowing its oil seal after a couple of months of me fitting speed shift.
I think I will refit it soon, I miss flat shifting :D

I have heard that 2 stage rev limiters can kill 3sgte knock sensors, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

Kev.
smartdj

Post by smartdj »

that evo sounds rude!! i was thinking about the flat shift option :)

ill look into the knock sensor cheers for the info.. i dont really want to hurt my engine by fitting this :? especally my brand new gt28-30 depending on which route i go.

yes i will be fitting a standalone but not till later this year. im thinking power fc.

Return to “Modifications”