[Mk2] [Turbo] Spoilerless?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

[Mk2] [Turbo] Spoilerless?

Post by craig »

I took this photo of my old car a few years ago at JAE.

I did some amateurish paintshop editing to remove the rear spoiler.

What are people's opinion of the look? I personally think it looks great! :thumleft:

nickg07

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Spoilerless?

Post by nickg07 »

needs a rev 3 minimum or better a rev 5 spoiler tbh. mini rear lip not too bad, better than bare!
craig

Post by craig »

nickg07 wrote:needs a rev 3 minimum or better a rev 5 spoiler tbh. mini rear lip not too bad, better than bare!

It's definitely a minority, but I love 2's with no rear spoiler. Has to be kitted and big flush rims though :thumleft:
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

That without a doubt pulls it off. I've gone spoilerless myself and really like it. It looks cleaner in my opinion.

PS. where's the pic of your current car? you cant take the spoiler off your old one now! :eye:
Last edited by jack-p on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looks fine but paranoia will kick in and you will waste lots of fuel everywhere you go proving that its not an FE.. :lol: Seriously I like the spoilerless look sometimes, carbon boots with no spoiler are cool.

I think overall I personally prefer them with one though, but on the right MR2 it`s a smart look. What happened to the guy who extended the buttresses on the rear and despoilered his car? I lost track on that thread wouldnt mind seeing how that turned out looking.
craig

Post by craig »

jack-p wrote:That without a doubt pulls it off. I've gone spoilerless myself and really like it. It looks cleaner in my opinion.

PS. where's the pic of your current car? you cant take the spoiler off your old one now! :eye:

:mrgreen:

This is what I've got fitted at the moment, (quick cross link from my for sale thread)
:lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

You can see why people use 2's to do Ferrari 355 conversions, as the spoilerless body does have similar lines.
craig

Post by craig »

D4N_V_U wrote:Looks fine but paranoia will kick in and you will waste lots of fuel everywhere you go proving that its not an FE.. :lol: Seriously I like the spoilerless look sometimes, carbon boots with no spoiler are cool.

I think overall I personally prefer them with one though, but on the right MR2 it`s a smart look. What happened to the guy who extended the buttresses on the rear and despoilered his car? I lost track on that thread wouldnt mind seeing how that turned out looking.

The more spoilerless cars I see, the more I like the look. As I say, car has to be kitted, big flush wheels and low to pull it off :thumleft:

I prefer the subtlety of no spoiler as well, might even get an NA engine lid :lol:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Looks way too German for me :wink:
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

RedMR² wrote:
jack-p wrote:That without a doubt pulls it off. I've gone spoilerless myself and really like it. It looks cleaner in my opinion.

:mrgreen:

This is what I've got fitted at the moment, (quick cross link from my for sale thread)
:lol:

And by far the best MR2 spoiler but thats just my personal choice. :D
Spoilerless MR2's to me look wierd
2mad

Post by 2mad »

RedMR² wrote: car has to be kitted, big flush wheels and low to pull it off :thumleft:

^^this :thumleft:

But this would be perfect. . If they ever put it into production. .

Madpsi ducktail =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Kev.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

If.... You'll be behind me in the queue though.
I've been spoilerless for 5 yrs or so and love the look. I have to disagree with Red in that I don't think it only suits a kitted 2. Mine even still has the rev1 splitter. Mind you mine is low and has pretty flush wheels, only 15s though and no kit... unless you count home made rear spats (which do in fact make a difference with the spoilerless aesthetic to help chunk up the rear, as does the change to a raised tubby lid). Loads of pics in my garage...

R.
RST

Post by RST »

Spoilerless on a rev 1/2 rear looks ace, even better on a modded car.
Jonny Hizzle

Post by Jonny Hizzle »

I went spoilerless around a year a go, love it. Think it makes the car look lower and wider from the rear.
craig

Post by craig »

Jonny Hizzle wrote:I went spoilerless around a year a go, love it. Think it makes the car look lower and wider from the rear.

Any pics mate? :D
Jonny Hizzle

Post by Jonny Hizzle »

Not at the moment as my computer has died so having to do everything through my phone :(
I'll put one up when I get it back
craig

Post by craig »

Jonny Hizzle wrote:Not at the moment as my computer has died so having to do everything through my phone :(
I'll put one up when I get it back

:thumleft:
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

just type in

spoilerless mr2 in google then go to images you'll see loads
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

I removed my BGW the other day, so please ignore the mountings (new bootlid is going on with a TRD in a week or so) but I actually really like the look... (still putting the TRD on though ;) )
craig

Post by craig »

alanmr2turbo wrote:just type in

spoilerless mr2 in google then go to images you'll see loads

Yep, done that but wanna see more :D

Return to “Modifications”