Underboosting

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

A.BLAKE

Underboosting

Post by A.BLAKE »

Cant hit anything over 0.8 or sometimes 0.9 on the motorway.. Running a GTS Chris MBC, down pipe, exhuast, IC etc... Had the head rebuilt last week by Luke which is amazing and was taking it easy, but took her out for a proper blast today and boost controller does not seem to be working.. Was set for 1 bar, but i was only hitting tops 0.8-0.9 but i thought with the hot temps it could just go up a notch, gave it have a turn but no difference still 0.8 - 0.9 :-k

Boost gauge could be lying but i twisted it up quite high on the controller and i assume it would of hit fuel if it was really boosting that high and giving a incorrect reading...

Car is running sweet and feels very fast but not sure whats going on with the boost..

Any ideas??
platmatt8

Re: Underboosting

Post by platmatt8 »

Where u running 1 bar before the head rebuild?
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

It was very warm today 26 degrees or something, probably had something to do with it. take it for a run in the morning and see if it hit 1 bar .
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

yeah.. but it was alot colder then as well, but the valve was definitely working then...

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”