Santa Pod leave spare wheel

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

vtecpower

Santa Pod leave spare wheel

Post by vtecpower »

hey people im due to go santa pod soon with my friends i was wondering how does a tubby drive without a spare wheel!! even when i was doing the pipes from hell i put my spare wheel back in to go for a test run ..

now im not going to drive from my house to santa pod without 1 im just going to leave it in someone else's car that wont be running..

iv heard some horror stories from people not having 1 in their frunk

hope my car survives the pod :pray: lol
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Santa Pod leave spare wheel

Post by Peter Gidden »

vtecpower wrote:iv heard some horror stories from people not having 1 in their frunk

Tell us more Image
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

Haven't had one in the front of my car for weeks, thanks for reminding me to put it back.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

I never had one in my car...too much weight, never held me back or gave me any cause for concern...if your car flies of the track cos the spare isn't in the front...lol...I think not.
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
vtecpower wrote:iv heard some horror stories from people not having 1 in their frunk

Tell us more Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.jonrb.com/emoticons/popcorn.gif

oww iv heard people say it makes the front to light & makes the car feel "unstable" if that's not the case off she goes :thumleft:

djpkins wrote: I never had one in my car...too much weight, never held me back or gave me any cause for concern...if your car flies of the track cos the spare isn't in the front...lol...I think not.

too much weight off she goes :lol: !! PS thank you for the heater valve buddy :thumleft:

Al-sw20 wrote: Haven't had one in the front of my car for weeks, thanks for reminding me to put it back.

no problem sometimes i dont even know why i carry one because my rear wheels would never fit in the frunk!! dont even think my front wheels would fit their either !! (17")
j0ns

Post by j0ns »

It's fine to leave the spare wheel at home. Remember to take your rear bulbs out to balance the car though! :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I've never had one in mine and have seen no notable adverse affects, on the 1/4 mile too.

These things run surprisingly smoothly on the track to be honest. Once you get the power down of course... :wink:
JayUK91

Post by JayUK91 »

You might aswell remove the passenger seat whilst you're at it. I've run Pod with the spare and without, no noticeable difference though.
Baker

Post by Baker »

removing the front spacesaver tyre will affect the weight in the front by around 2%.

a knats chuff of difference.
Kinsy

Post by Kinsy »

My old rev4 I noticed a big difference on turn in without the spare in the frunk. Strangely on the rev3's I've had it's been fine, which leads me to conclude the suspension must have been knackered on that car!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”