[Mk2] [NA] Speaker install question

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Seanie

[Mk2] [NA] Speaker install question

Post by Seanie »

Hi all
I have removed the door card using the method in Stephen mason guide in his link but I'm stuck. So now my door card has been removed I can still hear vibrating sounds which I think is half speaker and half some plastic covering on the inside of the door that is stuck all the way round with black mastic rubber like stuff.
Should I leave this in place as the air from the back of the speaker is causing this to vibrate more.
Do I need to show a pic or is this standard on a rev 5.
Also I have noticed that his guide used 1/2 inch MDF for spacers would 3/4 inch MDF be ok as I already have some so could start cutting the spacers straight away.
Where is the cross over on the car can I just use the existing wiring for speakers straight from the head unit and use the existing tweeter and crossover or would it be best to replace it all with something better?
It says to cut the shroud but what is this.
I have seen others say they they put the crossover in a bag and seal it with cable ties below the handle.
Seanie

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Speaker install question

Post by Seanie »

Hi All just for reference i have installed infinity ref 6530cs and used 18mm mdf as a spacer. hope this helps someone
any thoughts on the cross over location as the tweeter cable is only 6 inches

Return to “ICE and Security”