[Mk2] [NA] double din dvd screen

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

straughton

[Mk2] [NA] double din dvd screen

Post by straughton »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TD714-7-Car-D ... 5646f40e5a

does any1 know if these are any good? they seem abit cheap for the standard of tech in this thing! also would it fit in my mr2 N/A and would i need 2 buy anything else 4 this 2 work? thanks guys :mrgreen:
aj.extreme

Re: [Mk2] [NA] double din dvd screen

Post by aj.extreme »

Halfords are selling last years Sony XAV-62 double
Din system for £179.99 reduced from £899.99

I brought one fits perfectly and looks the business

They won't last long! Check them out online
riot68

Post by riot68 »

I've got an older model Xtrons in mine and can't fault it, does everything I need and works well...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
straughton

Post by straughton »

Thanks guys. So id get good use out of this and would fit?
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

i have that one in mine. You need to file/cut the plastic surround slightly to fit it but a part from that i aint had any problems with mine in the last year.
leary123

Post by leary123 »

there hit and miss those head units...they are crammed with loads of features and plugs and what not..but often the firware and the GUI (on screen controls and menus) are sometimes very poorly coded...my last one was good for the £100 that it cost..and it did everything that it said it could do but its things like EQ control that is lacking... the one i had , had a very simple treble and bass setting and no control over the sub except for having to mess around on the amp....also mp3 from a usb stick wouldnt scroll the title of the song across the screen when trying to choose .. so i could see the artist and then two letters of the track and when you have loads of tracks from the same atrist its a bit of pain to guess the track from two letters.

in the end mine broke after 2 years..which im not complaing about given the price..but i went back to my single din alpine screen unit that i have had for years...sadly it only plays normal cds and doesnt even play dvds despite having a screen (aux port for plugging an external device in)...but the eq options and sound quailty smashed the ebay unit out the window.

Return to “ICE and Security”